Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search engine but wasn't succesful so my question is this. I am planning on putting thundermax tuner on and was looking for exhaust recommendations for that particular tuner? Definately want to improve performance and not just a loud exhaust. Also want to just change filter on factory air cleaner instead of getting a whole new setup if possible. Thanks for the help!

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
If you are looking towards performance. .. lol into the 2 into 1 models like d&d fat cat and they have a false left pipe if you need to satisfy the needs to be symmetrical. ..lol I have a buddy that just put the d&d on his roadking after some motor work and it should awsome

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Some other 2into1 options would be the thunder header and Vance and Hines pro pipe. .. each of those 3 options I have you have givenyouhave different sounds. And they all sound better than stock!

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I'm very happy with the Rush 2-1 I have on my 14FLHXS. THey perform well and there is MUCH less radiated heat.

Check my garage for pics.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Your Thundermax should accommodate any exhaust setup you choose.

And exhaust, like so many other things, is a question you will get many varied opinions on. I love my Rinehart classic true duals with 4" Rinehart mufflers.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Man , some of these exhaust systems for the newer bikes are just unbelievable , like around $1000 all the way up to & exceeding $1500 . Every time I read that some poor dude paid that kind of money for just a muffler makes me love my $39.95 Chrome drag pipes even more ! LOL ..............

·
Registered
241 Posts
... Also want to just change filter on factory air cleaner instead of getting a whole new setup if possible. Thanks for the help!
I'm riding the same bike, and like you (actually I'm just a cheap ass) just wanted to gut the stock AC, get more flow, get rid of the paper element and back plate. Went with the S&S Stealth. Uses a K&N, converts nicely. I did have to make one 'slight' mod, to relieve the stock cover just a bit with a die grinder. Touched the bottom of the tank under torque. Pics if you want. It'll give me an excuse to go out in the shed and pull the blanket off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts