Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
American
28,712 Posts
How many guy's out there have had there cad. taken out of your exhaust? Was it worth the effort?
I did. Actually had head pipe changed to Fullsac. Had it done in August, I am happy with results. Kept the stock head pipe. Runs cooler, has a better sound! Had to have it re-tuned was the only downside. Should have changed it out when I did the rest of the mods.

·
Just Ride
3,766 Posts
Got. 2 decatted in the man cave. Heat decrease yes. Performance no difference.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I did too and it does help the heat a little but I liked the sound difference most of all. It sounds better even with factory mufflers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did too and it does help the heat a little but I liked the sound difference most of all. It sounds better even with factory mufflers.
I converted from stock to an x-pipe w/Rino 4" slips, SE breather, and a dyno session. Although it sounds awesome it was a lot of shekels for a few dB's and no significant performance increase.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Did it. Loved it. Would do it again!!!

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
When I got my FLHXS my wife demanded I do something about the heat from the cat. I was going to do it anyway but it makes spending the money a lot less of a hassle when momma tells you to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have done 3 different MC's head pipes now. Big difference in the heat issue and a tad better throttle responce. A year latter I did have the Stage 1 download done, still not convinced that I needed to. I am running stock mufflers and AC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I switched to a FuelMoto ceramic coated head pipe. The reduction in heat was obvious, but most noticeable in the summer months.

The wife says it's a big plus for her. She used to feel the heat a lot, on her right foot, in stop & go traffic.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Mines out. Definite sound improvement.

·
Registered
275 Posts
when i bought my Road King had stock pipes went back a week latter had the stage 1 SE slippons and head pipe done and totally love it sounds better less heat and i think a little better throttle response

·
Living the dream
2,550 Posts
I just bought and Diezel helped me install new headers & pipes from American Custom.

A) They sound FREAKING AWESOME.
B) You can't beat the cost (I paid $500 TOTAL out of pocket and I'm getting a little bit of a refund).
C) My miles per tank jacked up from ~200 to ~250.
D) Great company to work with. Ordered on a Thursday and had them 4 days later on Monday.
E) You don't need a fuel manager if you don't want one.
F) They sound FREAKING AWESOME.

For pipes what they do is take stock pipes and remove all the junk inside. You can get the stock look or go with a slash down look, which is what I did. If your pipes are in near mint condition they'll buy those from you for $75 so they can sell them to someone else. This allows customers to buy brand new at full price or "slightly blemished" at a discount. I got slightly blemished and neither Diezel or I could see anything wrong with them.

·
Living the dream
2,550 Posts
I just bought and Diezel helped me install new headers & pipes from American Custom.

A) They sound FREAKING AWESOME.
B) You can't beat the cost (I paid $500 TOTAL out of pocket and I'm getting a little bit of a refund).
C) My miles per tank jacked up from ~200 to ~250.
D) Great company to work with. Ordered on a Thursday and had them 4 days later on Monday.
E) You don't need a fuel manager if you don't want one.
F) They sound FREAKING AWESOME.

For pipes what they do is take stock pipes and remove all the junk inside. You can get the stock look or go with a slash down look, which is what I did. If your pipes are in near mint condition they'll buy those from you for $75 so they can sell them to someone else. This allows customers to buy brand new at full price or "slightly blemished" at a discount. I got slightly blemished and neither Diezel or I could see anything wrong with them.

Update: I just got a $50 refund for sharing my purchase on Facebook and having people click on the link. ???

·
Banned
65 Posts
I did the Fullsac DX header and 2'' Fullsac cores . Also did the TTS tuner and had Doc out in Minneola do a tune. Wound up with around 95HP and 114 torque. Right side is still pretty warm but better than before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts