Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 95 1200 sporty for an 05 Dyna yesterday. I already miss my sporty. It sounded like a Harley. The Dyna doesnt. I know the difference between a carburetor versus fuel injection affects the sound but i want to be heard before seen. How do i make this bike louder?

·
Wayward Son
23,288 Posts
I traded my 95 1200 sporty for an 05 Dyna yesterday. I already miss my sporty. It sounded like a Harley. The Dyna doesnt. I know the difference between a carburetor versus fuel injection affects the sound but i want to be heard before seen. How do i make this bike louder?
A few other differences between a Sportster and Big Twin will affect the sound too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What kind of pipes did you have on the sporty and what do you have on the dyna? I had V&H Short Shots with TTI's on my sporty and they were loud and sounded good. My Sport Glide I decided on something different, and so did my wallet, and just put the SE Street Cannon muffler on. I didn't like it at first because it just sounded like a louder stock but still muffled. The more I ride though the deeper it gets and it's growing on me.

It's really whatever the sound is your looking for. I'm constantly on YouTube listening to exhausts. *Pro-tip: One exhaust does not sound the same on someone else's camera. Listen to a lot of the same with different cameras before you make your choice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think for the money the Cobra RPT slip ons are the best bang for the buck. No tuner needed. Install in about 20 min. Pretty tame at idle but super throaty and loud when on the gas. I love mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
SwampRat
836 Posts
V&H Pro Pipe is gone guess the quality they used to have is not there anymore and they have discontinued them.. Started rotting away at the Front Cylinder so now have Bassani Road Rage 2:1 and didn't even have to fool with the Carb Settings, Liking it better so far anyway, Better Tone and appears to be better quality ..

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts