Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can extended valve stems be placed on stack tires of 09 ultra classic? I can't adjust air preasure with the current design of spoked wheels. Bad design.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
There are angled stems available too.
A bit longer and bent at roughly 45* May or may not help.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Some Ducati's have a 90 degree angle so the valve is pointing to the side.
You can get that style at many rickey-racer bike shops.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Be aware that valve stem hole sizes in the rim may vary.
Going with a larger stem can be done. Just carefully ream out the existing hole. Though I would not like going that route. But that is just me.
I would not go smaller.

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
I was considering going to the angled valve stems whenever I needed tires, but as an interim measure I bought the extension hose from HD. Guess it is maybe 6" or so long. Works good. I can reach down under my right bag and screw it on without even needing to see it once I have the valve stem at about the 7'oclock position. And I have found then when unscrewing the extension as fast as I can I still lose 1/2 lb. of air pressure so I just add 1/2 lb. or so to whatever pressure I want when airing up. Carry the extension hose and tire gauge in a bag. Won't be buying the angled stems now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I got that from HD. Problem is hands too big to work in the spokes. busting knuckles etc. thought the stem extension might work better. It's not something I do every day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts