Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original warranty on my Dyna is about to expire. I'm considering an extension but have a modification. A gear drive cam. Would that get them out of most all warranty work? Would it be a waste.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
My original warranty on my Dyna is about to expire. I'm considering an extension but have a modification. A gear drive cam. Would that get them out of most all warranty work? Would it be a waste.
Only the work on the cam assuming the work wasn't done by H-D.

There are a ton of thread here debating the benefits of an ESP. It's still undecided.:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wow won't that be expensive I only had 90 days after purchase to get a low extended warranty price, you can still get 1 before factory warranty runs out but it is very costly, take my chances that what I will need is way cheaper.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One dealer had a list. It was x amount for each year extension with no mention of model or time since purchase. About $1,300 for 3 years. Yea, I'd think a CVO limited Road Glide would be more than a Dyna.

Called the dealer I bought it from as they're a no tax state but their price was a good bit higher.

I'll probably just let it go but just had a starter clutch put in under warranty and it made me think.

Edit: found the prices per year extension

1 $914
2 1204
3 1424
4 1764
5 2225

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
And keep in mind the dealers don't all sell at the same price. When I took delivery of my new '13 RGC one dealer here in Louisville quoted me $1,989 for the 5 year ESP without tire/wheel coverage. The other dealer here quoted me $1,739 for the same plan. $250 difference. But I didn't but the ESP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts