Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be getting old but what is everyone using to keep there face warm. I where a helmet IM looking for something that keeps the nose down warm.

·
red sport.
382 Posts
You might have trouble there, might work up trying to cover your eyes. I bought (wall mart)a mask that covers head & neck, opening for eyes nose mouth, you could cover you mouth thou. you could Google riders face mask for motorcycle riders see what you come up with.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Reactions: DoubleJ

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41vTPgZurmL._SS560_.jpg

I use a Turtle Fur neck warmer. I can pull it up from my neck over my chin, mouth, nose, -- whatever level I require. Balaclavas give me fitment issues under my helmet and feel too confining for my comfort.
I have one of these along with one that isn't Turtle Fur , get the Turtle Fur they fit better , thicker , and warmer. I wear it on my head no helmet below about 65deg and it works great.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Neoprene face mask (without goofy graphics). I had to extend the velcro tab so it doesn't smash my nose, but it keeps my face warm.

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
These look funny as there designed to wear inside a FF helmet for snowmobiling, it deflects your breath down and out of your helmet to keep your shield from fogging up , they are warm and effective. Covers most of your ears , neck , and face ,

No Fog Mask - price comparison - sale-fire.com

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have a buddy who's on his local fire dept. He gave me a nomex mask that fits over my head and leaves me eyes free. It's just enough to keep my face warm without being a fit issue under my helmet. That combined with a full face helmet and I'm fine in cold weather (20*) riding. (well, my face is fine. lol)

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
A long white scarf. Let the tail trail off behind you like a WWI pilot.

Reactions: MADMACK

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
A long white scarf. Let the tail trail off behind you like a WWI pilot.

That didn't work out so well for Isadora Duncan.

--

·
Registered
618 Posts
+1 for face mask. I got a plain black one in the ski section of a sporting goods store. I also like my balaclava as it extends low enough to keep my neck warm

An added benefit of face mask is it helps keep your hot breath from going straight to your shield (if wearing a 3/4 or full helmet) and fogging it up. Even my fave Anti-fog treated helmet would fog up below the mid 30s

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,384 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts