Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming to a final stop at a traffic light and as I was planting my right foot on the roadway suddenly there was no traction whatsoever! Scared the heck out of me. I did get my footing but only after a bit of quick dancing on my feet.
The whole thing was very strange. It was a wonderfully clear, dry day. Why would traction suddenly be lost? No oil, gravel, dirt, water, etc. Well, upon persistent inspection of the road and my feet I saw a folded up rather large maple leaf on the sole of my boot. It made the road as slick as ice.
So, ride safely friends and remember those pretty leaves do exactly what the name of the season tells us they do and they do so onto the roads.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
that could have ended up bad. I've lost my footing before on gravel but never even thought about leaves.

·
Mod Extraordinaire
1,980 Posts
I've slid a little further than I cared to on leaves. In fact, it scared the poo out of me. I'm not sure how I stayed up! It was at night on a residential street so I couldn't see them on approach.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Miss the beautiful autumn maples leave of Michigan when I lived there. Such colors! The pines here don't have the colors but don't have to worry about leaves covering the road.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've got some pine, but more maple than you can count. So many actually, that they are attempting to revive the syrup industry around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts