Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking the tranny is bad considering I have a false neutral.what kind of money am I looking at to do a rebuild on a 2003 1200 sporty

·
Registered
41,204 Posts
You're right. The tranny is bad. Go buy a new one.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't enough of an answer last time so I have a2003 1200 sporty custom anniversary edition bought it 30 days ago well maintained 19 thousand miles.i would often miss a year going up for some reason.but now I got a gear missing 4th gear is now a neutral gear.so i got 2 neutral gears.i was told shifter pawl adjustment maybe.what can i do and check myself before i gotta go to the harley dealer ad pay them a completely ridiculous ammount of money

·
weird member
2,809 Posts
Didn't enough of an answer last time
Firstly, you just signed up 2 hours ago, you haven't waited long enough to get answers, so slow your roll a bit. Secondly, this is a Harley fan forum, not an official Harley help desk or customer service forum. Those who know stuff offer help with what they know as a courtesy... and do so in their free time, this isn't our job to monitor the forum for questions at all hours of the day, we have lives and jobs outside of this forum.

There's also no need for two threads on the same thing in less than an hour.

so I have a2003 1200 sporty custom anniversary edition bought it 30 days ago well maintained 19 thousand miles.i would often miss a year going up for some reason.but now I got a gear missing 4th gear is now a neutral gear.so i got 2 neutral gears.i was told shifter pawl adjustment maybe.what can i do and check myself before i gotta go to the harley dealer ad pay them a completely ridiculous ammount of money
No such thing as a neutral gear; going into neutral is just no gear engagement.

What you gotta do, if you're going to fix stuff yourself, is get a factory service manual for your bike. Official factory manual, not some aftermarket like a Clymer's manual.

Second, aside from potentially the shifter pawl needing adjustment, you might also have a bent or damaged shift fork.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couple things pal first off what I subscribed to said a real pro would text me back in 5 minutes and I expect what I pay for and that's a 5 minute response!!! I also did not pay for advice from any shade tree mechanics I got a shade tree mechanic next door but hes an idiot, thats why I paid for this.and I'm aware there is only one neutral thats why I called it a false neutral your sounding more and more like my idiot neighbor. So to recap the situation ,I paid for 5 minute service,I expect a pro not a shade tree mechanic,and if I feel unsatisfied with an answer and think maybe I didnt explain it right, I will ask it again.i expect these things because I paid for them and if that gets your panties in a wad maybe you should consider doing something else with your free time.i hope I have now clarified my position on the exchange of money for goods and services.i get the feeling I'm dealing with a Democrat cuz they dont understand capitalism and money ,goods and services either.

·
Registered
41,204 Posts
Where did you sign up for 5 minute responses? Cause it sure wasn't for forum responses cause we dont see a dime from whoever you paid.

Like what was said above, we are not employees here.

And by looking at your profile, you are NOT a premium member, not that if you were we'd treat you one bit differently.

If you dont like that, you can go fvck off and boo hoo to someone that gives a shit.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Good luck getting any response now . . . invite yourself into our house and then complain about what's for dinner!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
(y)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(y) slut(n)

Reactions: English Triker

·
Just Ride
3,571 Posts
Typical first post from a wannabe,if you can't fix it yourself take it to a shop. You got some response and you cry about them. Let your girlfriend fix it and buy a prixus

·
weird member
2,809 Posts
That guy went 0-60 in no time flat and for no reason. Based on his response, he also has no reading comprehension skills.

He'll screw up his bike. Another example of someone that really shouldn't be doing stuff themselves.

Oh well, no loss.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Couple things pal first off what I subscribed to said a real pro would text me back in 5 minutes and I expect what I pay for and that's a 5 minute response!!! I also did not pay for advice from any shade tree mechanics I got a shade tree mechanic next door but hes an idiot, thats why I paid for this.and I'm aware there is only one neutral thats why I called it a false neutral your sounding more and more like my idiot neighbor. So to recap the situation ,I paid for 5 minute service,I expect a pro not a shade tree mechanic,and if I feel unsatisfied with an answer and think maybe I didnt explain it right, I will ask it again.i expect these things because I paid for them and if that gets your panties in a wad maybe you should consider doing something else with your free time.i hope I have now clarified my position on the exchange of money for goods and services.i get the feeling I'm dealing with a Democrat cuz they dont understand capitalism and money ,goods and services either.
Sounds like you got scammed "Pal" wasn't anyone on this forum these guys are ligit good dudes.

·
Super Moderator
13,043 Posts
Couple things pal first off what I subscribed to said a real pro would text me back in 5 minutes and I expect what I pay for and that's a 5 minute response!!!.... Showing my ass to 50k users... blah blah blah
You got the right answer from a pro in an hour. Don't like the answer, tough. I will ask where the hell we are advertising pro answers in 5 minutes. Never saw that before and it is false advertisement. You should sue Vertical Scope and then you can buyout and run the forum.

·
weird member
2,809 Posts
You got the right answer from a pro in an hour. Don't like the answer, tough. I will ask where the hell we are advertising pro answers in 5 minutes. Never saw that before and it is false advertisement. You should sue Vertical Scope and then you can buyout and run the forum.
That part though did make me wonder if someone might be running a scam somewhere. This isn't the first time that relatively recently, someone joined the forum and when they didn't get an immediate answer, got pissy about it and/or started multiple threads on something and basically acted like we were giving bad service for taking too long.

Then again, with the way the guy responded and posted, it's also possible he has no idea where he is, wasn't paying attention to what he was doing, etc.

·
American
28,146 Posts
So guys, I was just running a little side hustle for some cash. How was I to know he would actually expect me to respond for his $50 a day subscription to my bike bling account 🤡🤡
When will you be sending us our commission check?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
From your (Slut187) post:

"thats why I paid for this.and I'm aware there is only one neutral thats why I called it a false neutral your sounding more and more like my idiot neighbor"

You're (not "your") the one sounding like an idiot, not the members responding to your post. That's (not "thats") the truth!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts