Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Dave,
I trust your judgment, but when my friend took a look at the picture she was concerned about comfort. Can you speak to that, please?

·
Liquid Cooled
13 Posts
Any advice for a 5' 3" rider of an 2008 XL 1200L?
The most comfortable seat I ever had on my Sportsters was a Mustang solo seat. The standard width seat wasn't too wide at the nose and was VERY comfortable. I never had much luck with the Badlander seats on any of my air-cooled Harleys, even with a butt buffer gel insert (though they couldn't be beat for looks!). I could only handle about 60 minutes of riding, then my arse went numb...

I haven't followed the Mustang seat options since I sold the '98 1200XLC, but I loved the look of the studded & concho'd version especially with a Motherwell chrome rack.

Steve

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Any advice for a 5' 3" rider of an 2008 XL 1200L?
No information here about the size of the derriere of said rider.

A lot about the comfort of the seat comes from the seat that goes on it.

I have tried seats based on the advise of friends who had found "the most comfortable seat ever", and not liked them one bit.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No information here about the size of the derriere of said rider.

A lot about the comfort of the seat comes from the seat that goes on it.

I have tried seats based on the advise of friends who had found "the most comfortable seat ever", and not liked them one bit.
My friend said, "Just put well cushioned".

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 on the Mustange vintage Solo.

I am also short (5'2) and have the mustange on my Nightster. It does raise you up about an inch but the comfort is oh so worth it!!

Darci

1 - 8 of 8 Posts