Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
My buddy has an "06" Soft tail Standard 88 Cu. In.He says his bike accelerates harder at about 4/5 throttle than at full throttle. He says he can twist it open and as it starts to accelerate if he backs off a bit............it really accelerates a lot harder.And conversely if he is at 4/5 throttle and accelerating and opens it all the way he can feel it fall off..........He has an Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Bassani Road Rage 2. 2 into 1 exhaust and a Dobek fuel tuner set by them for his bike. Any ideas?
Colt.45

·
Registered
42,096 Posts
Err, tuning map too lean at WOT.

Need to dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kainam
I will pass this onto him, thank you. Can you recommend a Dyno tuner ? We are in Missouri near Cameron [about 60 miles North of KC.Mo.] Also what is the usual cost to Dyno tune a scoot?
Thanks again.
Colt.45

·
Registered
42,096 Posts
I've heard good things from Gail's HD in Grandview, not sure if Mike Wilson went back there or not.
Mike Wilson used to work there, then had his own shop for awhile.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not familiar with that tuner but have him download its manual and see if there is a way to adjust fuel at the upper end of the throttle position.
It could also be adding too much fuel, either will make it feel like its falling on its face at WFO.
If he can, try adding fuel at the 90% and 100% throttle positions and see what happens.
If its worse, then pull fuel.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kainam
Thank you again.

awilson40
Thank you also Sir, I will tell him. He has the manual/booklet for the tuner I am sure.
Colt.45

1 - 6 of 6 Posts