Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to Corbin on ordering a seat they say that the Fat Bob has a different frame or least subframe from all the other dyna models - so they require different seats. Can't remeber but they say the Fat Bob seat sits higher/lower in the back from other dynas includding the Wide Glide.

Does anybody have a parts book to check the part numbers between the Fat Bob and regular dynas frame/rear sub frame (if any) and see if they are different, at least from the Wide Glide.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Talking to Corbin on ordering a seat they say that the Fat Bob has a different frame or least subframe from all the other dyna models - so they require different seats. Can't remeber but they say the Fat Bob seat sits higher/lower in the back from other dynas includding the Wide Glide.

Does anybody have a parts book to check the part numbers between the Fat Bob and regular dynas frame/rear sub frame (if any) and see if they are different, at least from the Wide Glide.

The Wideglide has been discontinued.......

Dyna has a Sporty type rear fender which sits higher then the Bobbed rear fender of the Fat-bob, which also has straight, less upward curved fender struts.

It's not the frame, rather the rear fender height, fender strut configuration and mounting location for the rear tab and bolt.

There is no "subframe".......

If a seat off a Dyna Wideglide fit, they'da sold you one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seat

I was looking at a Corbin dyna dual tour seat on ebay and was wondering if it would fit my Fat Bob - guess not.

thanks for the great reply.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I was looking at a Corbin dyna dual tour seat on ebay and was wondering if it would fit my Fat Bob - guess not.

thanks for the great reply.
No. It will have too much of an "Arch" where the higher, rounded Dyna fender should fill it, and ultimately leave a gap.

I have a Dyna SG. It had a bobbed rear fender "Kit" on it when I got it. I left the fender struts on it, because they're lower and makes the bike look lowered, with a lowered rear fender mounting point.

My seat has a gap between it and the fender. Since then, I've placed a small piece of firm foam in between the seat and fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts