Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well My Breakin Is Done.. This Scooter Is Awesome. Plenty Of Power When I Need It. The Bike Handles Great, Lots Of Engine And Tranny Noise When Riding I Guess Thats A Harley.

Just Ordered V/h Bss And Will Have Them On In A Few Day With A Sert And Se A/c. That Should Take Care Of The Engine And Tranny Noise. The Stock Exhaust Is Not Only Ugly In My Opinion But Has No Rumble At All. Nobody Hears Me Coming. Cant Wait For The Pipes..the Big Rear Tire Gives The Bike A Really Stable And Firm Feeling. The Holes In The Chrome Stock Rims Help With The Wind.

Anyone Thinking Of A New Fatboy...the Bike Is Awesome

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Outstanding. Really got a kick out of the BSS's I had on a Softail several years ago. You have a sweet bike. If you have a chance, take pics and provide a brief report after the install/service!

·
Registered
89 Posts
"..... The Stock Exhaust Is Not Only Ugly..."

Have they fired the guy on the design team who stuck the Softails' passenger pegs between the mufflers yet?

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you want to get rid of the tranny noise. Find some Spectro six speed tranny oil. It will do wonders with the noise. Don't use the syn 3 that Hd sells.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will let you guy know how the pipes and tranny noise is after the install .. thank for the replies...guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
FatBoy2009,
It looks like you went with the Red Hot Sunglo. I wish I had a side picture of yours to look at as I'm planning on buying one this weekend at my dealer. Having trouble deciding between Black Pearl or Red Hot Sunglow. The RHS looks dull to my eyes in pictures and I prefer candy apple red, but it's ultimately the ride I'm wanting and I can always repaint down the road. Yours (from the rear at least) looks better than the company pics. Congratulations.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've got sunglo and it is sort of a candy apple red - lot of flake visable in the sun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got my bike worked out at the dealer for a Wednesday pickup. Same set-up as yours but wondered if you'll be using the quiet baffles or not in your BSS's?

·
Registered
8 Posts
fatboy

Your bike looks great. Nice colours. Tranny noise isnt really a big deal,once you have a noisier exhaust you wont notice it. The six speed boxes are ok. Diffrent cut gears make it sound a bit metallic especially when labouring, so keep the revs up.I have 12000 miles on my 07 custom and only use the standard harley oils with no issues. Enjoy your ride!:thumb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts