Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I have a 02 fatboy with the 95in kit, SE heads, Gear driven cams, I got the bike used, it's super clean, ran great, but was a little lean, (it would ping a little on a hard pull sometimes). So I rejetted the carb. The bike had a 45 pilot, 190 main and a dyno jet needle. I went with a 48 pilot, 195 main, and the cv performance N65(sportster) needle. The bike runs great, no more pinging under full throttle, putting around seems ok too, but when the bike is idling and you crack the throttle it just seems to rev a little slower? I guess is the word than it did before. Just not as responsive as it was down low before. Any ideas?

Also if I turn the air/fuel screw in the bike does die down so I don't think the pilot is to big, I have the screw just a little over 2 turns out.
Thanks in advance!

·
Retired citizen
22,294 Posts
Looking into the carb throat watch the accelerator pump squirt when you tweek the throttle. Does it last the duration or fall short ?

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
spring change or cut ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spring cut, slide drilled 1/8, 48 pilot, 195 main, N65 sportster needle. Bike made around 100 hp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went back to a 45 pilot. Seems to run better. Guess it was a little rich with the 48 and the n65 needle.

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
Get yourself a better spring,the cut spring causes a flutter and doesn't open the slide quickly. The tension is different.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a dyno jet spring that I took out, on the recommendation of a wise person on here that says the cut stocker is better.

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts
Have a dyno jet spring that I took out, on the recommendation of a wise person on here that says the cut stocker is better.
Wow,first time I've heard that. I just had better luck with aftermarket springs.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
27728-99 cv 44 mm spring best thing I've ever done was change to this spring. I used to do it to all the carbs but sense everyone is going FI I no longer get them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts