Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Fatboy with S&S carb. I put the 6 gallon tank on it there is nothing wrong with it and it will go cross country wit no issues.

With me turning 51 this year I don't have $$$ for many more Harley's.

So my thought was to get another motor and trannie and simply rebuild them the next few winters and then replace.

Then I thought about getting 1st year fuel injected fatboy that needs some work and spend the winter rebuilding. Doing that I would have two and then I would set one up for local then the other set up for long distance.

How different is the ride between the two? What is the 1st year fuel injected Fatboy?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love my carbed 03 Fatboy for around town but I bought a 2012 RKC for touring for $ 10,500 with 9,000 miles so much better for long trips wait till after summer lot's of good deals will be out there my 2 cents.

·
Rider for Life
10 Posts
I have a 98 Fatboy with S&S carb. I put the 6 gallon tank on it there is nothing wrong with it and it will go cross country wit no issues.

With me turning 51 this year I don't have $$$ for many more Harley's.

So my thought was to get another motor and trannie and simply rebuild them the next few winters and then replace.

Then I thought about getting 1st year fuel injected fatboy that needs some work and spend the winter rebuilding. Doing that I would have two and then I would set one up for local then the other set up for long distance.

How different is the ride between the two? What is the 1st year fuel injected Fatboy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts