Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about moving my license plate to a side mount. What options do I have to cover the three holes in the fender? Ive seen a couple chrome plates that cover the holes but I really didnt like the two that I saw. Does anyone know were I can find more?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had mine relocated side mount. I had my mechanic who is also a metal fabricator fill in those holes and smooth them out before my paint job. I looked for a kit that would cover up that spot and could not find anything that I liked. You are better off coming up with a clever home made solution or having a pro do it.

My mechanic made a cusomt bracket for the plate. It fits snug and tight up inside the pulley and tight behind the swing arm bag. Hate to say it but I haven't found a inexpensive way to make this happen. I had to wait until I painted the whole bike. I'm sure someone will chime in and show me a cheap solution that I missed lol...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love it. I called LePerra, Mustang, Cobra, Danny Gray, and a few others before making my final decission. I can't coment on the others but I can say this. I am 5'11" 280lbs and my arse is big. I was worried that the Butt Crack Solo would be uncomfortable. This seat is snug as a bug. I've put over 150 hours in that seat and not one complaint. I recently rode to CT from NY while I was there met family and rode for a total of 8-9 hours almost straight only making a few stops. I felt just fine when I got home. I did go straight to bed lol but I wasn't sore at all.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Just make sure it is legal where ever you plan on riding. (unless you don't mind getting a ticket) Orienting it vertically as NZ shows in his pics is illegal in many states.

It probably not a big deal to the LEOs 99 percent of the time, but if you are at a rally or somewhere that has amassed a lot of bikes, you never know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just make sure it is legal where ever you plan on riding. (unless you don't mind getting a ticket) Orienting it vertically as NZ shows in his pics is illegal in many states.

It probably not a big deal to the LEOs 99 percent of the time, but if you are at a rally or somewhere that has amassed a lot of bikes, you never know.
You are correct sir. It is not legal here in NY. I've been pulled over and the police told me only time they write tickets for that plate is when their in bad moods or the rider is a PIA. Basically it's at their discretion. He said the same thing about my apes. They are slightly above my shoulders so they are illegal as well. (He pulled me over to check out my bike lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts