Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have two motorcylces: 2004 Dyna-Glide and a 2001 Sportster Hugger.

I discontinued the registration a year ago and have since put both motorcycles in storage in my garage for a 12 month period. No riding.

At the time that I put both bikes in storage, I recall the odometer for the Dyna-Glide showed +/- 14,000 miles and the odometer for the Sportster showed +/- 8000 miles.

At this time, presently, I am in the process of selling both motorcycles. I put batteries in the bikes and both odometers now read 36,796 miles and 20, 734 miles respectively.

Is there a logical reason for the discrepancy in the odometer reading over a 12 month period of inactivity?

Thank you,

Andy

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
Someone went for a joy ride when you weren't looking! :eek

Reactions: Diz Jr.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Were the tires worn out. Or is this just a good story to sell to a potential buyer. Those would be good miles for the age of those bikes if you ride at all. I'd have 100K on the Dyna and maybe about the same on the sportster.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Could they have been on the trip odometer and then went to the actual milage?

That's what I was thinking as well. But will the trip odo read >9999 miles?

·
Registered
844 Posts
multiplying the miles by 1.62, which how many km. in a mile, you would not come up with those numbers that you are showing. Nope, I have no idea. Do the bikes still look like they did when you put them away??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts