Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1980 or '81 Kawasaki Kz1000

Kawasaki Kz1000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had one that i borrowed and road quite frequently in Cairo, Egypt back in 1987-88 time frame.

The bike was owned by a Saudi guy who was in Egypt training to become a boxer; he made a living as a bouncer at bars frequented by expats in a suburban neighborhood of Cairo where a lot of the diplomatic community resided (including us Americans.)

I was thrilled at the chance to ride it initially because it was the bike made famous by 'Goose' in the first Mad Max movie. My Saudi friend bolted on an auxiliary fuel tank for the 8-hour ride from Cairo to Sharm el-Sheikh in the Sinai (no fuel stops along the way in the deep desert) and that bike would FLY.....

His version had shaft drive, but I believe that they came in chain drive as well, and if I had a choice of classic Japanese iron to own, it would be a fully restored one of these!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I always liked the 70's Kawasaki 750 triple, the 500 triple was good too.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
My first "nice" bike was a Honda V65 Magna. I always really liked those.

I also have a very strong affection for the Honda CB bikes from the late 70's - early 80s.

Before I got my first H-D, I was on a Honda VTX. It was a dependable machine and pretty nice as well.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Out of all my bikes,..... KLR 650. Kinda like my Swiss army knife of bikes... Gunna get another one soon. I'm from the dirt and I wanna get back into the dirt once and a while.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
My 2003 Suzuki GSXR-1000. Fantastic handling, super light(dry weight 365lbs), insanely fast, and actually very comfortable to ride for such a hardcore sportbike. The other thing I loved about this bike was it was a rare factory plain-jane silver with no graphics. Sort of looked like a sleeper if there was such a thing regarding sportbikes...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mid 80's Honda 650 Nighthawk, my first streetbike. I will always remember that one. Sold it once the kids came. Now have Harley's.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
My 1990 zx 750 zx1000 all time fav trihump bonnieville 750

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine has to be the Hodaka Ace 90. I have a soft spot in my heart for it because it was my first bike. I got it as a hand me down from older cousin back in 1980.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
One of the first 'larger' bikes I ever rode. I have fond memories of it. Really a good bike from what I remember. It was back in the early 80s. I could fly down a dirt road without worrying about sliding much. Wouldn't mind having another one. Yeah, this would be my personal favorite. This one had a chain drive.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
2001 YZF 426........Jap bikes are for the dirt ONLY!:mooning:

·
American Patriot
173 Posts
2001 YZF 426........Jap bikes are for the dirt ONLY!:mooning:
Bought my '73 Suzuki TM 250 motocross bike in the fall of '72.

My previous rides were mainly Honda street bikes, 750 & 1100 Shadows.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My first bike was a CB750 bought new in 73 . Liked it so much I bought another one new in 75 . Then I rode a buddies 75 Kaw Z1B . Wow ! Had to have that one too . Along came the Z1R in 78 so had to have that too . After a 82 GPZ 1100 Kaw , I rode a friend's 82 Suzuki GS-1100 & it was WOW all over again , and THAT is still my all time favorite scooter !
Loved the sound of that CBX 6-cylinder Honda with a 6-into 1 Header . I won a money race against that bike on my modified Kawasaki 1975 903 Z1-B .
Ah , the glory days gone by !

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Suzuki Hayabusa

Because everyone should understand what true stupid fast is. Feels like you can shift a gear and move through time zones on the damn things.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts