Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a rack that will fit the fender on a 48 and match up with the middle and back seat holes. Is there such a rack?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
ah man i was hoping there would be a RACK that was laying on a fender. man busted my bubble. ya nice firm rack too.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
I need a rack that will fit the fender on a 48 and match up with the middle and back seat holes. Is there such a rack?
You mean something like this? Comes in chromed as well...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The black one in the first photo is exactly what I want, do you happen to know the model number.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
The black one in the first photo is exactly what I want, do you happen to know the model number.
That is a Biker's Choice Luggage Rack for Harley Davidson 2004-13 Sportster.

Many places that you can get it from... here is one:

https://www.denniskirk.com/factory-...luggage-rack-77-0073-b.p497319.prd/497319.sku

And another... a few $ less but not sure if that is negated with the shipping cost...

https://www.twocycleguys.com/showPr...uctID=176240&gclid=CLiUkdbjgsYCFdQTHwodDhYAdQ

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much! went with twocycleguys, ended up costing about $8 less the dennis kirk.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do. Now on to the next find. Need a windshield but not sure I want to buy one from Harley.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Will do. Now on to the next find. Need a windshield but not sure I want to buy one from Harley.
Love spending someone's else cash... lol

Here, take a look: National Cycle Deflector DX - really like the new mounts they have. Easy to install and remove without damaging the black finish in the bars... if you still have black bars.

Not my bike, but I have been looking at this one for when I do the trips to Key West (I take the RK unless my brother is here visiting. In that case, he rides the RK and I take the 48). Not planning on getting rid of the one that I have... this one will even work on the bike without removing my itsy bitsy tiny winy HD deflector...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have black mini apes on the bike. I contacted National Cycle to see what models wiil fit. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Deflector DX looks like the one to get, now decide clear or tinted.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
The Deflector DX looks like the one to get, now decide clear or tinted.
That is why I have not ordered one... have not been able to decide... that and the trip to Key West is not until January...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Now on to the next find. Need a windshield but not sure I want to buy one from Harley.
Have you checked out Memphis Shades? They have what they call the trigger lock, which is a quick disconnect. They have various sizes, shapes and colors.

I went with the "El Paso" on my XL883L in what they all "solar" which is a black that fades to clear as it nears the top of the windshield.

Exco

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great looking 883! What was the total cost, their website is a bit confusing. I would have to relocate the turn signals on my 48 to install it. Not sure if I want to do that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts