Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Queen is interested, maybe, and she asked me to find out. Looking through the HD site I cannot find a thing. The dealership is closed at this time of night, so it is time to go to the source of true wisdom regarding all things Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
:rofl:

My conversations with Joe, the light fits only those fenders already outfitted with a light. It relies on existing hardware.
Not only that Lil, a Softail front fender that came with a light has an "insert" in the tip of the front fender, to hold the bezel, with enough room for the socket and a hole for the wires.

You're Roadqueen has a different fender (like mine, as a matter of fact) that won't accept a lighted front tip, nor will a lighted front tipped fender, (Ultra, Ultra Classic, etc.) accept the fender tips that your or my bike has. ;)

You can add a lighted spear on the top of the front tip, but not a factory lighted tip that incorporates your fender spears.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
is there any way to put the tip off of a electra glide classic or ultra classic on the road king fender ? If I knew what your tip looked like I could tell more about it ?

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
is there any way to put the tip off of a electra glide classic or ultra classic on the road king fender ? If I knew what your tip looked like I could tell more about it ?
Probably not. There are basically 2 fenders fronts for late model FLs.

One accepts a light, (which is thicker, taller tip than the decorative chrome non-lit one) and has an indentation to fit it and accept the socket and wiring.

Then there's the fender that has only a chrome non-lighted tip, that is also seen either plain, as in the Roadking Custom. The lighted tip will not fit on this fender correctly, as it sits too high, and won't sit flush, or align correctly with the 2 side spears. ;)

Someone with enough effort and time *might* be able to get it to fit............

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
EDIT: The 2008 Roadking comes with the fender tipped lights now.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a drawing of what I'm thinking about. What do you think? Do you think anything that Custom Dynamics makes would fit?

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Here is a drawing of what I'm thinking about. What do you think? Do you think anything that Custom Dynamics makes would fit?
A small, LED strip (of your color choice) could be easily fashioned to mount off the original mounting screws (2 screws and a plate) for the chrome tip, and hold the light strip. A power/ground wire could be run under the front fender and into the headlight bucket for power and either worked off a switch or park lamp power.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A small, LED strip (of your color choice) could be easily fashioned to mount off the original mounting screws (2 screws and a plate) for the chrome tip, and hold the light strip. A power/ground wire could be run under the front fender and into the headlight bucket for power and either worked off a switch or park lamp power.
Dave,
What don't you know about motorcycles? ;) Thanks.
A friend has a Piaggio MP3 and I will be taking her up to a local shop to have glow light accent done on it. I am going to ask the guy about what he can do for the Queen. The local HOG, a scooter clubs members and a BMW motorcycle dealership speak very positively about his work.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Dave,
What don't you know about motorcycles? ;)
A lot. ;) I'll never claim to know everything, simply cause I don't, but I'm more than willing to help others if I can.

If I can be the connective tissue between someone's "I Want to do this to my bike", and "Hey look what I did!!", then nothing could make me happier.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just like you said Dave...the guy said that it is a simple job. Now, like so many other things these days, we have to wait for the snow/ice to melt and a good soaking rain to wash away the salt.

·
old scoot coot
3,678 Posts
The Queen is interested, maybe, and she asked me to find out. Looking through the HD site I cannot find a thing. The dealership is closed at this time of night, so it is time to go to the source of true wisdom regarding all things Harley Davidson.
jp cycles, or ronnies.:biking:

·
Retired citizen
23,351 Posts
He He He !!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts