1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, its leakin,

07 dyna-glyde , 96" injected,

i got it torn down but need a part #
it goes from the fuel pump and exits out the bottom of the tank, takes a 90* turn and hooks to fuel line, looks like its all one piece but i could be wrong (the more i look the more i see its not one piece) ..it leaks just above the 90* part, i see a notch up in the grove so im kinda thinkin theirs an o-ring up in there

back story :::
pulled in the garage, layed on the front brake kinda hard, front end was slightly turn so she started goin over, as i fought it from goin down i crammed my leg under the tank and leaned on the fitting a bit, its bin a month, now she leaks.. any help would be great guys.... HB

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
That fitting is a quick disconnect, a lot like an air hose fitting. There are two o-rings in there. It is possible that you can disconnect and reconnect it and it will stop leaking. The one closest to you when looking at it can be easily replaced. A John Deere # R26286 works or just a common #13 oring suited for fuel.

·
Banned
71 Posts
so, its leakin,

07 dyna-glyde , 96" injected,

i got it torn down but need a part #
it goes from the fuel pump and exits out the bottom of the tank, takes a 90* turn and hooks to fuel line, looks like its all one piece but i could be wrong (the more i look the more i see its not one piece) ..it leaks just above the 90* part, i see a notch up in the grove so im kinda thinkin theirs an o-ring up in there

back story :::
pulled in the garage, layed on the front brake kinda hard, front end was slightly turn so she started goin over, as i fought it from goin down i crammed my leg under the tank and leaned on the fitting a bit, its bin a month, now she leaks.. any help would be great guys.... HB
Please read this page and watch the youtube vidio :

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.co...l-discussions/249618-fuel-injection-leak.html

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That fitting is a quick disconnect, a lot like an air hose fitting. There are two o-rings in there. It is possible that you can disconnect and reconnect it and it will stop leaking. The one closest to you when looking at it can be easily replaced. A John Deere # R26286 works or just a common #13 oring suited for fuel.
wam bam, tank you mam, um/er,,,, sir ,, yea, sir

its done, parts house here didnt have the 13, wife picked up a 12, didnt seen rite, i dug up my oil plug o-ring stash,,,, perfect fit, no leaks,

thanx again,,,,,,,,,,,, HB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts