Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine got his bike out for the first time this year and the battery was low after he started it he let it run in the driveway for about 11/2 hours to charge the battery I know stupid move, but it had melted the drive belt. Could letting it idle that long cause it to melt or is there another problem?

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
This is some kind of JOKE........Right?
Only a moron would idle their bike for an hour.:think

·
Registered
38,934 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I would guess the motor is close to being toast also!:think

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
Why didn't he just take the bike out for a ride for 1.5 hours to charge his battery instead of letting it idle for that long???

Sorry, but that was a bonehead thing for him to do. With that said, I can't figure out how it melted his belt?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Officially he now has to go to the nearest Harley dealer and return the bike. He fulfils criteria of being such a dik that he does not deserve a harley.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have to agree with the comment made that if it got hot enough to melt the belt what does the oil look like. Better change the fluids too... WOW!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I'm hoping he had oil at all...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Electric start and fuel injection allow very stupid people to ride Harleys.
Very true...on both these points.
If you can drive a car you can pretty much operate a bike nowadays... That's bad! There are idiots...total idiots that have no business even looking at a bike. People that can't tell washer fluid from engine oil. Not good stuff...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts