Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got all the intake side torn down, the primary cover off as well as the starter...

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to break the compensator off and was surprised to find it hand tight.:eek

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also took out the battery and ECM. I have to install the ACR harness as this bike came without them and they need to come out to do this.

One other thing I found that really pisses me off.:mad When taking the exhaust off, I noticed that the bracket that bolts to the bottom transmission holes had no bolts in them. The pipe was bolted to the bracket but the bracket was not fixed to the bike.

This is the same dealer that used superglue instead of Locktite on my brake discs.:spank:

Ever since they installed the old exhaust, there has always been a drop or three of oil under the bike when I got back from being gone at work.

Good thing they went out of business. If not, there would probably be a tech in the hospital having an exhaust bracket surgically removed.:laugh

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And here is the obligitory ¨Sh*t scattered all over the garage¨ pic.:)

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:nodOK. Day two:
Got the inner primary off and it´s ¨out with the old¨:rollin

The next photo is up until now, the closest the 120R has been to it´s new home.
You can also see ¨Old Faithful¨ in the background. She is awaiting her new home in a 1992 FL Trike.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:rollinAn hour or so later and She´s in!:bowrofl:

Put the stator in and bolted up the inner primary. I was then I opened up my new SE compensator and the one of the first thig listed was to install the new stator cover.
Anyway, off came the inner primary.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got all the engine mounts torqued and the inner primary installed (Again!)
Started to think about what clutch setup I was going to run. The current clutch has a heavier SE spring in it. I thought this might work OK with the VP clutch that I have.
Then, while reading thru the instructions, I realized that my future ex-wife had misplaced the wear ring and bolts for the VPC!:cussing

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So...
It looks like I will be installing the SE clutch. Tomorrow I need to find someone or someway to press the bearings off of the old clutch.

Other than that, I corresponded with Jaime of Fuel Moto today. They have no map for a 120R.
Contacted DynoJet and they are looking for something to get me started.
Kind of disappointed because I wanted to use the wide band autotune and my new V&H pipe only has the bungs for the narrow band sensors.:dunno
Other than that, everything today went great.

PS: Twin Cam motors are pretty heavy for a one person lift.:laugh

Tomorrow: Press off the clutch bearings, install the high flow injectors and hopefully the 2 into 1 Pro Pipe. If I get the new map, this thing could be alive.:hero

·
Registered
693 Posts
This is very interesting. I mean how did you keep your floor so clean?:think Just kidding. This is very cool to see. Thanks for the posts.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is very interesting. I mean how did you keep your floor so clean?:think
Not so clean. I still have a huge pile of stuff to put back on.:laugh

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is very interesting. I mean how did you keep your floor so clean?:think
I am getting slow in my old age. The better answer for this would have been ¨My dryer vents into the garage and keeps everything clean¨:rollin:rollin:rollin

·
Registered
930 Posts
I am getting slow in my old age. The better answer for this would have been ¨My dryer vents into the garage and keeps everything clean¨:rollin:rollin:rollin
Hahahaha! Well u do know that now that the sporty is converted to the 1200, thus giving more power to the rear, thus thus, allowing dryer to vent into garage will cause ur future ex-wife to lay it over 3 out of 4 times!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
595 Posts
Your garage is sterile clean. You could perform surgery in there. I'm not letting my wife see that. She will make me clean mine, tile it, then paint. Hell she might even make me put a area rug up in there. Lmao.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your garage is sterile clean. You could perform surgery in there. I'm not letting my wife see that. She will make me clean mine, tile it, then paint. Hell she might even make me put a area rug up in there. Lmao.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
My garage is my kingdom.:nod

My wife and daughter know that there will be major hell to pay if my kingdom is voilated.:spank:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts