Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, at 57 yrs old, got my first HD! A 2015 Street Glide Special. I haven't sold my KTM's yet but sure like riding the HD!

Here's my question. Since it's a Special, it comes with the Nav/Audio system. It is the basic system. The bike has a "built" motor with Rush 2:1 exhaust so it's pretty loud. That coupled with the fact I wear a full face helmet means to even possibly hear the system I turn it all the way up.

Does Hogtunes have a system that will provide better sound at a higher level? Or should I just go back to playing it via BT into my helmet?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
You could improve the sound and increase the volume, but if you like wearing a FF helmet, my suggestion would be to spend the money to rig it with the best BT speaker system you can find. It'll be cheaper anyway.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Finally, at 57 yrs old, got my first HD! A 2015 Street Glide Special. I haven't sold my KTM's yet but sure like riding the HD!

Here's my question. Since it's a Special, it comes with the Nav/Audio system. It is the basic system. The bike has a "built" motor with Rush 2:1 exhaust so it's pretty loud. That coupled with the fact I wear a full face helmet means to even possibly hear the system I turn it all the way up.

Does Hogtunes have a system that will provide better sound at a higher level? Or should I just go back to playing it via BT into my helmet?

Thanks for the help!
I happen to Have a Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x2 Amp and a Pair of Rockford 6.50 speakers for sale that will for sure get it loud enough for what your looking for.. send me a message if your interested..

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You could improve the sound and increase the volume, but if you like wearing a FF helmet, my suggestion would be to spend the money to rig it with the best BT speaker system you can find. It'll be cheaper anyway.
+1 if you are wearing a full face helmet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Kentucky. I ride a '13 RG and since having the RG I switched from a 3/4 helmet to a 1/2. Made a big difference in being able to hear my tunes without having the volume all the way up.
Giving up protection to hear the radio better? Not me! I'm staying with full face and using my BT to my iPhone or radio. My head is more important then hearing all the ad's on FM anyway. I've decided to stick with in-helmet BT and Pandora from my phone.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Make sure it works with the the HD system. There is a whole thread about BlueTooth issues on the forum. Likely in the Touring section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts