Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been doing a lot of research over the past year on Harleys and finally pulled the trigger last week and purchased a 2015 Sportster forty eight... what an experience its been this past week.

I started riding back in 1987 with a Yamaha 550 Maxim. Was a young rider with no formal training and ended up crashing on a turn that I entered too fast.

Fast forward to this year, I decided to get another motorcycle to help mitigate the traffic on during my daily commute. I'm in California so lane splitting is legal. I attended the riders course, (required for military bases) and I wear All the Gear, All the Time.

I ended up buying a 2014 Honda Shadow phantom. A great looking bike, all black and shaft driven. Bullet proof reliability. It was a heavy beast and underpowered.

I wanted to try commuting on motorcycle a few weeks before deciding if I really wanted to ride at 0500 in the morning mon-fri. Being here in San Diego, the weather has been great and the morning ride was not as bad as I initially thought it would be.

So I decided to upgrade my 750 Shadow for a Sportster 48. I have always loved the 48's fat tires and simplicity. I like the bobber style of that era and want to stay with that theme as I let the mod bug take over.

I have V&H 3" slip ons coming this week, and I plan on eventually getting upgraded air cleaner and fuel management.

My HD gives me so much more riding excitement than my Shadow. The extra power and feel are noticed immediately. Already getting the nods and hand signals from other riders...

Ride Safe!

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all!

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·