Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My whole life I've wanted a Harley, turned 65 in Sept. 2014 and noticed life ain't gettin any longer. A few weeks back I purchased my first one at St. Joe Harley-Davidson, St. Joseph, Missouri. I did it up right too a 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. Seat for taller riders with backrest, LA Choppers exhaust, Hiway pegs and extra LED lights on the rear. I live in Northern Missouri and it might be a while before I get my first Harley out on these back country roads. In the mean time I'll just keep going out to the garage look at it and plan trips for the summer. I can't believe I spent so much money on a Motorcycle but damn it's good looking and I finally own a Harley! Hot Dog!

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. I also bought my first Harley at age 62, in 2009. Hadn't had a bike in 30+ years and my earlier bikes were a couple of Hondas and a Triumph. Took me 3 Harleys to figure out which one was the right one. Looks like you went straight to the top of the line. Congrats.

And check out the thread on our 3rd annual meet up 6/13/15. Will be in Eureka Springs, AR. Always room for one more.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Awesome, congrats on your first Harley and welcome to the site from St. Louis.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Welcome from another poverty stricken owner from northern Indiana. HD has been the culprit behind many a bankruptcies and divorces...but ain't it cool?

·
Banned
71 Posts
My whole life I've wanted a Harley, turned 65 in Sept. 2014 and noticed life ain't gettin any longer. A few weeks back I purchased my first one at St. Joe Harley-Davidson, St. Joseph, Missouri. I did it up right too a 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. Seat for taller riders with backrest, LA Choppers exhaust, Hiway pegs and extra LED lights on the rear. I live in Northern Missouri and it might be a while before I get my first Harley out on these back country roads. In the mean time I'll just keep going out to the garage look at it and plan trips for the summer. I can't believe I spent so much money on a Motorcycle but damn it's good looking and I finally own a Harley! Hot Dog!
Ya know if ya keep smiling like that....you're face'll freeze . :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from WNY!!!! We'll be partying in your backyard in 5 short months!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Kentucky. I also bought my first Harley at age 62, in 2009. Hadn't had a bike in 30+ years and my earlier bikes were a couple of Hondas and a Triumph. Took me 3 Harleys to figure out which one was the right one. Looks like you went straight to the top of the line. Congrats.

And check out the thread on our 3rd annual meet up 6/13/15. Will be in Eureka Springs, AR. Always room for one more.
I saw the notice, couldn't figure out how to add my name to the list of attendee's. I may be on a ride at that time but if not I hope to make it. Done some riding in that area, it's beautiful.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

Nothing wrong with your choice of Harley. And age is a state of mind. Whenever I ride, I am like a kid again. Congratulations!

·
luv the low country
19,980 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from SW Oklahoma! When ya straddle that hog you'll lose a decade or two on your age. Enjoy the ride!

Oh yeah, congrats!!

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
I saw the notice, couldn't figure out how to add my name to the list of attendee's. I may be on a ride at that time but if not I hope to make it. Done some riding in that area, it's beautiful.
If you want to be added to the list go into the thread and post a REPLY and ask 2stangs8689 to add you to the list.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Good going, I waited until I was 69 to get my first Harley. You will never regret it. Love every ride.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts