Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Just joined the forum and purchased my first Harley last week. It is a red 2004 Sporster XL 883C. I haven't ridden a motorcycle in 20 years so I went for a ride that would help me acclimate to the ride and see if I want to upgrade to a touring bike or a large cruiser in a few years.
Right now I hope to ride as a commuter and take some group rides over some afternoons off and with the wife over some weekends. Out here in Iowa we have some beautiful highways and scenic Mississippi river roads that I want to ride late in the year.
The ride doesn't have any modifications yet but I am looking at replacing the seat with the pillow-look touring seat and a sissy-bar with back rest to be able to get the wife on for a few rides. Also eyeing some saddle bags and thinking of going for the pony express throw-over bags.

Jay

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Welcome back to 2 wheels and welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing about some adventures!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum from St. Louis.

·
Eastbound and Down
94 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Where potholes reign supreme and road construction is its own season.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Congrats on the new skooter and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts