Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike: 2014 XL1200T
Mileage: 5000
Problem: when I turn on the bike all of the lights turn on , on the speedo, momentarily per usual but when I start it, it kind of struggles and the transmission light illuminates for a few seconds then turns off.

This has only been happening for a week or two and I'm pretty sure this not supposed to happen. The bike was purchased used about 4 months ago. Anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
43,195 Posts
Wow did the prev owner use an impact wrench on that?

Yeah get that replaced.

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
775 Posts
If it was up to me they would replace it, but you'll have to ask them. It obviously was worked on by a not-well-trained monkey, maybe one of theirs. Did you get any kind of warranty?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Our local dealer gives a one year warranty on used bikes. I don't know if that's a MOCO thing or just Temecula H.D.
It's definitely worth rolling in for a visit.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
i have a 2003 lowrider 100year while riding or ideling motor shutsdown and i have to wait untill it cools to start
That sounds like a vapor lock problem... Have you had any work done on the carburetor? I'm questioning my memory, that is an Evo motor, correct? I would clear the fuel tank, put fresh Premium in with some Sea Foam. But most importantly clean the carb and the fuel strainer.

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,460 Posts
That sounds like a vapor lock problem... Have you had any work done on the carburetor? I'm questioning my memory, that is an Evo motor, correct? I would clear the fuel tank, put fresh Premium in with some Sea Foam. But most importantly clean the carb and the fuel strainer.
2003 is a TC.

Evo run was 1984-1999 (end year Dyna and Touring 1998, softail 1999, 2000 CVO FXR4)

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
2003 is a TC.

Evo run was 1984-1999 (end year Dyna and Touring 1998, softail 1999, 2000 CVO FXR4)
Thanks Kyle. I got that one totally wrong! But it still sounds like that old "vapor lock" problem from years ago... That's another problem with getting old...some chit just blends together.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bike: 2014 XL1200T
Mileage: 5000
Problem: when I turn on the bike all of the lights turn on , on the speedo, momentarily per usual but when I start it, it kind of struggles and the transmission light illuminates for a few seconds then turns off.

This has only been happening for a week or two and I'm pretty sure this not supposed to happen. The bike was purchased used about 4 months ago. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Sounds like you’re gonna need a new battery

·
Flats where its at
66 Posts
after u get the new batt remember to always put kickstand on rubber or wood so u dont ground the system out = dead battery............... jus sayin

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
craze, Earth ground and Battery ground are NOT the same thing....Just sayin

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
always put kickstand on rubber or wood so u dont ground the system out = dead battery............... jus sayin
You forgot to put a smiley face after your post so people would know you are joking...

You`re joking, right?

·
Registered
43,195 Posts
craze, Earth ground and Battery ground are NOT the same thing....Just sayin
You mean satellites dont need to run a ground wire to earth to work???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts