Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
On the loose
8,689 Posts
I had one dealer tell me they have some incentive to sell Sportsters. The 500 / 750 are close enough that they may want to move you into that incentive bike for there own selfish reason. I would imagine it varies with independent dealers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello we are currently in France not just the planned 500 model 750 and yet we have to wait several months to have the concessions in harley

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Bbalky, can you explain to me the paragraph about "l I c to l I ck" turning and the 5/8" alteration?

·
Asylum Inmate
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bbalky, can you explain to me the paragraph about "l I c to l I ck" turning and the 5/8" alteration?

Yes, if you look at the neck you will see two stops. One on the left and one on the right.

The way they are set at this time in slow speed maneuvers it is possible to turn the front wheel far enough for forward motion to stop and the energy rotate the bike to the ground. Crossing the T is what we used to call it.

If you build those stops up from 3/8 to 5/8 of an inch it will not allow that to happen. Just until a new rider gets some experience.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts