Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a rush, rode new bike for first time today. Never had a street bike before only dirt. I cant believe ive been missing this for all these years.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Welcome! What bike do you have?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008 FXDSE Dyna. Bought it last week and they deliverd it yesterday. Some of the Harley Dealerships are messed up. I tried making a deal with the dealership by me and they wouldnt budge on the price. I e-mailed a dealership 500 miles away and made a deal on the internet with delivery to my house. Whats wrong with that picture.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
No different than a Honda dealer. Some dealerships have better success selling at high profit margins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya thats true but you think with the 09's comming out they would want to sell the 08's. What bike do you have mike?

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
This 110-cid (1800cc) high-performance V-Twin engine produces 105 ft. lbs. of torque at 3000 rpm
Welcome aboard mate. Good grief!
For somebody who never had a street bike before,
you jumped right in at the top of the heap, I'll say..

It makes me grin to think of the rush you're feeling.
Gives me a little shiver.
Be careful, that thing will probably roll up the pavement behind you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
2008 FXDSE Dyna. Bought it last week and they deliverd it yesterday. Some of the Harley Dealerships are messed up. I tried making a deal with the dealership by me and they wouldnt budge on the price. I e-mailed a dealership 500 miles away and made a deal on the internet with delivery to my house. Whats wrong with that picture.
Dave,
Had the same issue with the HD dealers on Long Island. No deal, but just drive over one river into NJ, $1000 off the price, with no negotiation. Anyway, you did the right thing. Best for your new ride and enjoy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nathang, I kinda was wondering also if this would be to much bike for me being a newbe. But i looked at the sporters and people said it would be to small for me. So i thought buy the best the first time and you only cry once. THE PRICE!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
..I kinda was wondering also if this would be to much bike for me being a newbe..
Well, maybe you should spend a couple of weeks riding a lesser bike,
like my LowRider, yeah, that would be good experience.

I'll hold that one until you get comfortable, and feel ready for it.
:cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actualy am doing that too. I am taking the highway patrol class on saturdays. Today we are riding small steet bikes, practicing different situations you could run into on the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts