Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit 1000 miles on my SG. Time for the first service and I do all my own service on all of our vehicles and just planned on doing my new scoot also. ( actually, I really don't like or trust anyone to wrench on my stuff......I must confess I have trust issues ! ). However, I was talking to my parts guy at my local HD dealer ( who I do trust ) and he recommended at least the first service be done at a dealer for warranty reasons. What are your thoughts on this ?

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Not really much for them to do and screw up. They should be capable of changing oil and they will go over the list of things to check. There should not be anything to fix, but if there is it would be under warrenty. I would let them do the first one and you can do the others later.
Drink a couple of beers and do a shot. Everything will be OK.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol Ultra Struck , that is what I'm leaning towards but ................... no one takes care of your stuff like you would yourself.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Spend the $300 + on a set of MoCo Service Manuals, Parts Book and the Electrical Manual . Do your own 1K checks and still have both the warranty and money left over for BEER . :thumb

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Spend the $300 + on a set of MoCo Service Manuals, Parts Book and the Electrical Manual . Do your own 1K checks and still have both the warranty and money left over for BEER . :thumb

This.

"For warrantee reasons" is nonsense.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Just the receipts is good enough.

There would need to be a "you didn't do your service and that's why it failed" failure for this to even come up. And, if you did do your service, such a failure couldn't occur.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to let them do this first service and then I will take over from there. Part of my deal included the shop manual so i'm good there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts