Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just bought my first Sportster. It is an '07 1200 Sportster XL. This is also my first bike. I am excited to start riding, but there are a couple of things I need to change first. I want to convert the handlebars back to a more stock height. I've seen some handlebars for sale, but I am lost on what cables and lengths to buy.

I also want to convert it back to mid controls from forward controls. I see a lot of kits to go the other way. But not much to go back to mid.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have a 1200 sporty and as others have mentioned, ride your bike for a few months as is, mid controls get a little uncomfortable if you ride a lot. Being able to stretch your legs a little may be something you crave after riding for a while. I even use the crash bar foot rest on my bagger after riding a while. Good luck.
Hello everyone,

I just bought my first Sportster. It is an '07 1200 Sportster XL. This is also my first bike. I am excited to start riding, but there are a couple of things I need to change first. I want to convert the handlebars back to a more stock height. I've seen some handlebars for sale, but I am lost on what cables and lengths to buy.

I also want to convert it back to mid controls from forward controls. I see a lot of kits to go the other way. But not much to go back to mid.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
BTW, I checked the oil in my 1999 1200 sporty after sitting all winter, it showed about 1/2 quart low. I added the oil without starting the bike and letting the " drained down oil" get pumped BACK INTO THE OIL TANK! I rode it down the road and blew out that extra half quart and my dipstick. This never happened on my earlier 1967/68 sporties, just saying!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts