Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel pick up lurching problem when low on fuel is the first recall on the street.

Full documents on 15 September.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My dealer has had zero interest so far on the street.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on the dealer. Here there is a wait list as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 2 nearby. One has a waitlist. When I called them to get mine, they said they wouldn't get another until Sept. (I called in July) The other only had one left but didn't tell me how many they originally got in. We drove almost an hour to that store to get my 750...both stores currently have 500's though...

My hubby is calling our dealer about the recall today to see if they know anything since my bike is going in saturday to get some things done.

Update: Husband called and they know nothing about it yet...they looked it up by my VIN...so guess we will wait and see if more comes out later....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine would lurch at 1.5 gallon or 2 gallon in the tank and low fuel light is not on. Tank only holds 3.5 gallon. Low fuel light suppose to light up at 0.8 gallon.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What he said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine was serviced twice now, First time replaced fuel pump, Secondly, same fuel and pick up.. Now, its cutting out again when 1 gallon left in fuel tank..What concerns me, when service was done problems go away. After a month or couple weeks of riding the misses again. What fixes it is keeping tank full. My Question is there any member here with an XG750 had the Service Bulletin done. Actually Fixed the problem.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Supposedly Harley has a new pump for these, mine is at the dear now, has been there for 2 weeks. I have filed a complaint with the NTSA.

Do u think filing a complaint will get it done any faster? I really don't think so. If ur not happy find another dealer. I understand ur frustration but what's the saying about honey and vinegar?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do u think filing a complaint will get it done any faster? I really don't think so. If ur not happy find another dealer. I understand ur frustration but what's the saying about honey and vinegar?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Because this issue makes the bike unsafe, and its been happening since its release and Harley is not doing much about it. I called there customers service about this, and I can tell you that they did not at all make feel like they cared. My bike has been down twice for of this. Maybe you do, but I do not like paying for something I can not use; also this is not a dealership issue, it is a corporate issue.

·
Registered
39,826 Posts
I'd ask the dealer for a free rental while your bike is in the shop.

California lemon law says that if the vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle during the first 18 months, you have the right to get all of your money back including the price of any dealer installed accessories.

Kinda confused though, on 3/23 you said your bike has been at the dealer one week,
and today 7/17 you say your bike has been at the dealer for 2 weeks. :confused

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd ask the dealer for a free rental while your bike is in the shop.

California lemon law says that if the vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle during the first 18 months, you have the right to get all of your money back including the price of any dealer installed accessories.

Kinda confused though, on 3/23 you said your bike has been at the dealer one week,
and today 7/17 you say your bike has been at the dealer for 2 weeks. :confused
The 3/23 post was the first time it was in for this issue. I got the bike back after a total of 10 days. On 4/3 I had to bring the bike in for the same issue and they finally got the part today 4/17 and got it installed, so right now I am sitting at a total of 24 days.
I did look into California's lemon law if this happens a third time I will most likely take advantage of it.

·
drive_aloha
15 Posts
This fuel pump issue is the only thing that has stopped me from buying a 750. After cutting the 750 out of my line up I started looking at the 48's...now I'm looking at the Street Bob. I can't get exactly what I want so I figure if I'm gonna be a bear I may as well be a grizzly. Give me that big 103"!

Seriously...has the new fuel pump fixed the lurching issue???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts