Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Cesar, U.S. Marine Veteran and proud owner of a new 2013 Road King standard edition. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 2 years old. I've pretty much only owned sports bikes. I've owned 3 CBR600's, 1 CBR 929, a Triumph Daytona 675. I rode the Triumph 675 from 12 miles and sold it with over 74,000 that I accumulated in just over 4 years. After that Triumph, I was burned out on riding.

Took a year off after selling it, then bought a 2005 Honda VTX 1300C used. That type of bike brought back the joy of riding. I just today traded in the VTX for my new Road King. I was always saying that I would not buy a Harley. I would say that they "sucked" and other crap. Well, as I matured and after riding the VTX with its 1312 cc vtwin, I realized that I was ignorant and limiting myself in my riding, I saved some $$$ and began to take a second unbiased look at Harleys and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality,fit and finish and technology built into the new Harleys.

I borrowed my friend's Iron 883 and I fell in love with the character of the Harley. The following week I went for a test ride with my wife on my new Road King and I was blown away. I said to myself and my wife I would not be buying a bike the day of the test ride. But my wife knew in the middle of the test ride that I would be buying the motorcycle that same day after she heard my "little boy" excitement in my voice. Funny how life works. I went from die hard against Harley many years ago to the proud owner of my 2013 Road King.

I am truly blessed to have such a understanding wife as mine who has encouraged me to pursue my passion of motorcycling. I also currently own a 2013 Honda CRF250L duel sport dirt bike and a 2013 Triumph Street Triple R in Phantom Black. A perfect blend of dirt, street and touring motorcycles.

Thanks for listening and I'll be around. Keep the rubber side down.

Regards,

Cesar
USMC

·
Registered
181 Posts
I felt the same way about HD. I got my Fat Boy in 2002. I never got on a bike that awsome. I even left HD to get into sport touring for a year. Now i am back to a Street Glide. I missed the bike and people who ride HD.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Great intro
Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Nice bike, hope it doesn't help you live up to your name. Welcome to the forums and Semper Fi!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice bike, hope it doesn't help you live up to your name. Welcome to the forums and Semper Fi!
The name roadrash76 has a double meaning. Roadrash for two bad motorcycle accidents I had in 2000 and 2001 and the 76 for my year of birth. I've been a member of many motorcycle forums and I've been using that username since 2001. Thank you for the welcome and Semper Fidelis indeed.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I felt the same way about HD. I got my Fat Boy in 2002. I never got on a bike that awsome. I even left HD to get into sport touring for a year. Now i am back to a Street Glide. I missed the bike and people who ride HD.
For that reason, I have the three types of motorcycles so if I have the itch for some speed and performance riding, I hop on my Triumph Street Triple R and I satisfy my fix. I am truly blessed. Below are some pics of my other steeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
For that reason, I have the three types of motorcycles so if I have the itch for some speed and performance riding, I hop on my Triumph Street Triple R and I satisfy my fix. I am truly blessed. Below are some pics of my other steeds.
I wish I had more time. My other love is boats. Just can't justify spending 50k. Then not having the time to take it out. At least with a bike. All I have to do is open the garage and go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts