Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some bars to try to make my Deuce a little more comfortable , let me sit up more instead of leaning forward , not sure if they look good or out of place. Looking for some feed back.

Attachments

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Ive never like the sweep back style bars. Dont like the look and dont.like the ergonomics. But im broud shouldered so a less swept back bar fits me. Other wise looks good. Just not my cup o tea..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments every one , I'm kinda 50/50 on the look myself.

The fit seems good , letting me sit more up right , even a little laid back ,should relieve some lower back, shoulder, and palm stress the main reason for trying them out.

I need to see about fitting cables , wires , and brake line next. Thinking maybe relocating the signals too.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Duce, can you take a photo from behind or from front and more of a 3/4 angle view? It's just hard to tell what's going on from just a profile shot. I think I like it, but would like to see more visual information.

And I'm assuming you have a curtain up so we won't see your Dong Fang Taiwanese Harley Wannabe, huh? Haha!!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
They look like the knucklebars (I think that's what they were called) that came stock on my Heritage.

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duce, can you take a photo from behind or from front and more of a 3/4 angle view? It's just hard to tell what's going on from just a profile shot. I think I like it, but would like to see more visual information.

And I'm assuming you have a curtain up so we won't see your Dong Fang Taiwanese Harley Wannabe, huh? Haha!!
That and to give a less cluttered shot , I really need a storage shed HaHa , heres a few more angles ....

Attachments

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Thanks for doin' that!

Yeah, I do like it. As long as they're more comfy, that's what's important.

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure yet , once this weather gets back on track for spring I'll ride up to J&P and try on a couple other styles, there pretty cool about that stuff.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Duce, I have a couple ideas, but don't know what the bars are called. Will see if I can find a photo or something.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Hey, where's a picture of what you had?

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
I can see your avatar barely. I think I have an idea what you're comin' from...

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Here's a better representation of what I'm looking for, although not exactly. Looking for something that comes back at you and then turns out, so the grips are closer to you.

It may be that you do a combo riser/bar system that retains the proper look for your deuce and makes it more comfy. Or a more exaggerated riser that puts your stock bars back much further.

Otherwise, keep it simple and go with what your considering now.

Drag Specialties Prisonbar Handlebars 0601 0195 Harley Davidson 1" Diameter | eBay

·
On the loose
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, where's a picture of what you had?
My PC took a little time off last night .... here's a couple of shots of the bars that came with it. The chrome apes look cool , I've thought about some 14" apes , just thinking I'd have to pull em back though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts