Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope somebody can help. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm new to this.

I want to fit the lead for an Optimate onto my 2015 Streetbob so I can leave it on charge through the winter. If I disconnect the battery to fit this will it harm anything like the alarm, trip counter or anything?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks all.

·
Retired citizen
24,286 Posts
I'm not familiar with that unit, why not just use a Battery Tender ? You just install the pigtail to the battery terminals then plug the tender into the pigtail.
But for your question, you can dis the battery no problem. Remove the maxi-fuse first.

·
Retired citizen
24,286 Posts
Actually on your 2015 the pigtail is already installed on your bike. Look for a capped cord hanging down below the seat on the right side.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
It looks like the connector the Optimate uses is the same configuration as the Battery Tender harness connector that Schmidtys is referring to as standard on the SG. So just verify polarity and you should be good to go without have to install anything.

--

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I should've mentioned I'm in England. I thing the optimate is the same sort of thing as the battery tender.
I've checked for leads and nothing is connected to the battery except positive and negative cables and a small box on the positive cable which I believe is the fuse.

Thanks for your previous answers.
Cheers.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Louisiana!

--

·
Retired citizen
24,286 Posts
That small box is the fuse for the tender lead. Follow that wire and you'll find the end that plugs into the tender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks very much for helping. I found it. now I just need to get an adapter because my optimate 3 has the TM socket and the lead on my bike is SAE .

Really appreciate the help.

Cheers all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts