Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my VIEDs on the glidester. The rear O2 sensor was easy because its under the seat ... but the front one is a little more involved. The connector for the front one is located just below the rectifier under a little plastic cover. It only fits the one connector itself. The vied is about 8" long so it will not fit under cover. What I did is ty-rapped it behind the cover and used some 3M grease it each end of the connectors to keep the elements out. The ground wire I put under the neutral switch bracket with loctite. Took her out and all is good. Most of the pop went away,,, will fine tune after the rains.
FYI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found that there are a few special oddities about the wide glide that are not found on other models.... special sissy bar now this. hmmm should of went with the road or street glide or even soft tail. As for the grease it is a special dielectric and I have been riding it with no adverse effects... so far.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did about the same with mine, except for the grease. No problems so far.

·
CVMA 44-2
252 Posts
My '12 fatboy lo has the O2 sensor (front) plugs behind the voltage reg cover also. Thinking about getting the vied for it also. Will have to cram 'em in there somehow like the OP did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts