Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started working on the fabrication of my custom flamed skull air cleaner cover, ignition switch - horn -coil cover and my chin spoiler. the Air cleaner cover is out of the mold and is being finished up and the LHS cover which will house the horn, coil and ignition switch is being made to match the air cleaner cover and the base for my mold for the chin spoiler which will have the full frontal of the skull and flames is in the mold drying

thought you guys/gals might like to see how the work progresses. The LHS cover will be a mirror image (although some mirrors have a tendency to distort) of the air cleaner cover. My challenge wil be to fit the chin spoiler to the frame as in the past all my spoilers i have made have been for dual downtube frames so now i have to make a skull spoiler and then fit it to the bottom section of the frame and then make section joining the bottom to the main downtube. bond all this together and then make a mold and then make the actual part

doing everything I can to make my chopper mine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
That's looking NICE!
Colt.45

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the chin spoiler base out of the mold today. Now i have to clean it up and get rid of all the demold compound and wax and then modify it to fit the chopper. here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the comments. I have been doing custom fiberglass stuff for bikes for over 30 years and rarely have time for my own bikes as I end up doing everyone else's. I have almost finished the same style of spoiler for my FatBob as these ones are for my chopper. The FatBob also has the same cover for the aircleaner as i went with a S&S stealth air cleaner. Once I finish the chopper cover for the LHS I will make a second one for my Fatbob to cover the horn and will move my coils under it as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts