Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
675 Posts
I'm learning as I go with all this stuff. Never had dry sump bikes before so it's different. The chrome lines on Daisy, my '14 Deluxe, make it all look so nice in that area. I used to hate chrome. Chrome is a ton easier to clean than a matte finish though.

·
Registered
2017 Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm learning as I go with all this stuff. Never had dry sump bikes before so it's different. The chrome lines on Daisy, my '14 Deluxe, make it all look so nice in that area. I used to hate chrome. Chrome is a ton easier to clean than a matte finish though.
I'm (obviously) learning too. It sure is difficult when you don't have faith in your local shop. One thing IS certain, though. Chrome rules!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So just to follow up with this... The first shop did not install the feed line correctly, and it leaked everywhere right after I made my last post here. I brought it to another shop and they said they've never seen the metal lines crack, or if they do it's very rare. They questioned the need for it. So, I guess this was all a moot point!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was looking at mine when you mentioned yours was cracked and I honestly cannot see how they could be cracked being it's a counterbalanced motor. It had to be maybe installation and or overtightened at the factory is quite possible.
Hope your other shop fixed it correctly this time and you won't have to deal with it anymore!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was looking at mine when you mentioned yours was cracked and I honestly cannot see how they could be cracked being it's a counterbalanced motor. It had to be maybe installation and or overtightened at the factory is quite possible.
Hope your other shop fixed it correctly this time and you won't have to deal with it anymore!
Me too! And now that I've had the bike home and really studied it, I feel like a moron for even asking the question, because there are flexible portions on each line to take up the vibration. But part of learning these bikes involves learning who knows their shit and who is full of it, and I think the one who told me they crack may be full of it! I like my new shop. I just rode the bike home this afternoon. Fingers crossed I won't have a puddle on the garage floor tomorrow! :sneaky:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me too! And now that I've had the bike home and really studied it, I feel like a moron for even asking the question, because there are flexible portions on each line to take up the vibration. But part of learning these bikes involves learning who knows their shit and who is full of it, and I think the one who told me they crack may be full of it! I like my new shop. I just rode the bike home this afternoon. Fingers crossed I won't have a puddle on the garage floor tomorrow! :sneaky:
It's all good. I bought my heritage in October and after riding metrics all my life, a Harley is new to me also.
I finally got a full service manual now so a lot of it makes sense now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's all good. I bought my heritage in October and after riding metrics all my life, a Harley is new to me also.
I finally got a full service manual now so a lot of it makes sense now.
Can you buy those from a dealer? I don't see them for sale on the HD website, but I'd like to have one too.

·
Registered
40,495 Posts
Who did you end up taking your bike to? Just incase I ever have the need.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Who did you end up taking your bike to? Just incase I ever have the need.
Outlaw HD in Blue Springs. I like them alot. I originally bought my bike there because their sales team was easy to work with. Hopefully they're my new maintenance crew. If not, it's up to me and that service manual, since I've run out of HD dealerships in south/east KC. LOL

21 - 32 of 32 Posts