·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a nice 1984 Harley FLHTC that was custom built for a couple,
it has a plate on the fuel tank with this text:
THIS ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC BUILT FOR
ROLAND AND DORIS SULLINS

I am trying to find out who built it for them , i was told by seller it was built
in Harley factory for this couple. Any idea where i can find some info on this
Harley ?

·
Registered
39,467 Posts
I think someone was pulling your leg. I see way too much stuff on there that doesn't come from the MoCo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes , there are a lot of extra parts that were added with the years. But
some cant be found in shops.

·
Registered
39,467 Posts
Take a pic of the plaque.

But I'm thinking it isn't anything unique, as anyone can go to an engraver and have anything they want engraved on a piece of brass.

A limited edition HD would have something that says something like 1 of 1000 etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also thought it's not from the factory, but am still curious to find
out the story if there is any.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,125 Posts
I'm not sure, but I'm betting there is at least 100 extra pounds of bolt on stuff hanging from that thing...

To each is own...

·
Rookie for life
929 Posts
Note the nontypical use of a hyphen in "Electra-Glide". I'll bet that's nothing more than a dealer-installed gimmick.

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
I have to agree with the above statements.

But if you really wish to pursue the issue. I would do one or both of the following.
Try to track down the original owners. Contact the MoCo. Have the VIN handy to give them. They may at least be able to tell you the Dealer it was sold by. Then contact them.

·
Banned
71 Posts
If you run the VIN through the 'lil fox company...they will tell you the recorded history of the bike , from first Dealer onward . :)

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Probably an indy shop that put all that stuff on and painted it and made a little placard to say it was "custom built". A lot of shops will take a stock bike and "custom build" it for a customer. Just a gimmick and a show-off thing for shops.

-Rohan

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts