Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if full floating rotors are OK to run with ABS? Want to go with 21 front 18 rear American Wire Wheels and W8less full floating rotors Avon tires. '08 Ultra Classic. Any Thoughts/Ideas?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Floating rotors are used to cool quicker then solid rotors. They may not work depending on where your ABS sensors are mounted. If the sensor is mounted other then on the rotor, you should be fine.

The wheel/tire diameter issue will work if you maintain the same outer diameter of the tire but not if you fluctuate and go with different sizes.

I'll explain: I had a 110-90x19 front wheel/tire on the front of my bike. Tire height (ground to top of tire) was 26.5 inches.

I replaced it with 21" rim and a 90-90x21, which is also 26.5 inches tall, just a different diameter, but a smaller sidewall aspect.

If you maintain the same tire height with the swap, and your ABS sensors are still applicable, then it should work. Changing your RIM diameter is possible, as long as the tire aspect remains such to maintain the same, original tire height.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Does Harley sell floating rotors for ABS bikes?

I would say that if HD sells them, yes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts