Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i would be more comfortable if i could extend my floorboards out away from the motor about an inch or so. Is there any type of adjustment or is there a floorboard extender? I just need to go out not forward, more so on my right foot, the left seems a little better.
:nerd

·
Registered
986 Posts
When riding with your feet in their natural spot, glance at your floorboards and see if you need to just go out, or you need to go forward and out. I notice my toe hanging past the front of the board with unused board behind my heel, and could use going out a bit, so I can see in my future the Kuryakan spacers that move the boards 1" forward and 1" outboard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
visit Tall Boys Cycles - Foot Board Modification & Lowering Kits
I am 6'3" and these helped. They move the floor boards down about 2" and forward about 2". One of the best mods on my 2011 street glide, the other being the C&C custom seat which also lowered my seat 2" and back 2".
Do you have a problem with the floorboards scraping in the twisties? I only scraped my floorboards in the stock position a few times, extended out 3/4" and they scrape all the time, can't imagine if they were relocated downward 2+ inches

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Do you have a problem with the floorboards scraping in the twisties? I only scraped my floorboards in the stock position a few times, extended out 3/4" and they scrape all the time, can't imagine if they were relocated downward 2+ inches
Scraped a few times, especially on the Dragon. No problem though. If I could get them lower I would. Anyone know if there is a solo seat that is a couple of inches higher?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts