Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me the oil capacities for an 05 E-Glide.
My neighbor just bought one used and doesn't have the owners
or Service Manual.
My 07 may have different capacities so thought I'd check.
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
nvsteve,

4 quarts of oil, but....., usually about a 1/2 quart stays in there unless you use a scavenger setup to pump that last 1/2 quart (not necessary in my opinion). Assuming he changes the filter, it'll take about 3 1/2 quarts to get it full. Of course, he should check it hot after his first ride, and get it just right according to the dipstick.

The first time I changed the oil in my 03 Glide, I put the full 4 quarts back in, and ended up with some overflow/blowback into the air filter. The last time I did it, I used 3 1/2 quarts, and it worked out better.

If he is doing the other holes, the Primary takes 1 full quart (32 oz.), and the tranny takes about 22 oz. (the manual says 20 - 24).

Also, tell him to make sure that he finds every HD forum he can, and starts a "What kind of oil is best" thread on each one:D. Seriously, I would recommend a full synthetic 15-50 or 20-50 for the motor and primary, and 75-90 full synthetic gear oil for the trans.

Also, I would highly recommend that he get the service manual. Comes in very handy.

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, kinda what I thought. Everything the same except for tranny.
My 07 calls for 32 oz.
I agreed to help him first time. After that he's on his own.
Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a set of Showa air shocks for my 92 electraglide. Can anyone tell me how much oil goes into the shock. One of them leaked out in the box from the cap not being tight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts