Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How or where do you wrenchers get rid of your fluids after changing the engine / primary / tranny oil. I'm about to start doing my own fluid changes and don't want a big pan of oil sitting around the garage til I figure how to get rid of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
All auto parts stores in my area (Georgia), accept used oil from residents for free. They have great big tanks in the back, just have to sign a log. I keep a 5 gal. pail in the shed, and dump it about once a year.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
How or where do you wrenchers get rid of your fluids after changing the engine / primary / tranny oil. I'm about to start doing my own fluid changes and don't want a big pan of oil sitting around the garage til I figure how to get rid of it.

Thanks
I pour it on a brush pile and burn the sh!t out of it.

I also live on 30 acres 12 miles outside of bumf*ck.

·
Mississippi Cajun
23,968 Posts
Pour on ant mounds. Kills them dead from exhaustion after slipping and sliding around all day.

·
Just Ride
3,025 Posts
Local Walmart takes fluids for free.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
I donate my used gallon Arizona Tea jugs filled with old oil to the state. Can't tell you any more but I know the state disposes of them properly. :)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
save it in balloons for them effing drivers who like to do 90 in my hood when children are out side playing. yup no mercy . kills weed pretty good to ... some times slip out there close to the stop sign an poor it on the road , when them effing 90 mph drivers try and stop YA BUDDY big concrete wall time YAAAAAAAA........................................
my brain can be a bad thing if it wants too.

naaaaww just funning ya. but i do kill weeds with it.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Any jiffy lube type place will usually take it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Any jiffy lube type place will usually take it.
What he said....along with most smaller local auto shops. Also, in our city, the city accepts waste oil. They used to restrict how much you could dump a month, but I don't see anything about that in the rules anymore.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You may be able to put it out at the curb, my town will take one gallon per week, the recycle truck driver picks it up and puts it into a compartment on the truck.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,032 Posts
Been donating mine to local towing company for heating their shop and Wal-Mart's if towing company are totes are full

Oh Oh we now have a Bio diesel fuel company now that is taking waste oil.too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts