Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Retired LEO
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure there already is a threat on this, I was wondering what fluids folks are using these days. I did use Redline products (engine, primary, trans) in my Evo softail and Big Dog K-9. I loved the performance of the product. I've been out of the loop for a few years and was wondering if there is anything comparable out now.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
:coffee:whistle:nah:nah:nah:nah

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
:coffee:popcorn

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is going to be good. I will be closely watching this evening to watch this thread blow up. Tick, tick, tick.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I was gonna go typical smartass. Then I noticed "Retired LEO". Thank you! Also, found your first post. Glad you're back to riding again!

If you use the "search" function, you will find an unlimited number of opinions on which are the best fluids. Redline certainly has a large number of proponents, although it is certainly not the only very good lubricant.

But be warned, oil inquiries of any kind on this forum seem to draw the largest amount of abuse, so don't take it personal.

--

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,788 Posts
This is going to be good. I will be closely watching this evening to watch this thread blow up. Tick, tick, tick.
Seems like I read several "oil" threads by low post or newer members recently and I know it happens from time to time. But I think we've all grown up and treat such threads and newer members who have been out of the loop for a while with the utmost respect and I can't see any funny-sarcastic replies........

But I hope there will be :laugh just for fun.

Tat2thor just having fun and over the last few years on two different bikes I've tried and used everything from what the harley dealers have and mobil 1 and even some oil that members have mentioned on the oil section!

For me its all about using oil within specs for the bike and mostly changing it when its due.
:biker:

·
Registered
684 Posts
As for a real answer. I have used Syn 3 since I got my bike. No problems or complaints. I am sure others will make other suggestions. As long as you are keeping up on the proper upkeep, I am sure you will be fine.

·
Retired LEO
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was gonna go typical smartass. Then I noticed "Retired LEO". Thank you! Also, found your first post. Glad you're back to riding again!

If you use the "search" function, you will find an unlimited number of opinions on which are the best fluids. Redline certainly has a large number of proponents, although it is certainly not the only very good lubricant.

But be warned, oil inquiries of any kind on this forum seem to draw the largest amount of abuse, so don't take it personal.

--
Thanks for the input, yeah I was injured in the line of duty during a burglary which involved a flight of steps and 2 criminals. I worked in Baltimore City ghettos, so I don't take it personal, there are a lot of tough guys on the internet.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
tough guys ehhh- tough guys dont use no stinkin oil -there so tough the bikes scared to break-
there so tough chuck norris offers to carry them when they get there tires changed-

and when they do need oil for chains or the occasional salad they just grab a chunk of coal and squeeze

·
Retired LEO
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tough guys ehhh- tough guys dont use no stinkin oil -there so tough the bikes scared to break-
there so tough chuck norris offers to carry them when they get there tires changed-

and when they do need oil for chains or the occasional salad they just grab a chunk of coal and squeeze

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I've heard that the Virgin Olive oil is better for cooking then the Extra Virgin. I mean --- how can you be an Extra Virgin?

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
KY Jelly, all the way.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ky and extra virgin- no way in hell you guys are internet tough guys

·
Banned
2,466 Posts

He must have fallen off the wagon AGAIN! :D

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Oh boy disrespecting Chuck Norris. You know Chuck never sleeps, he waits.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I was going to talk to my wife about fluid input tonight.

I'm guessing I'll be on here instead.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
When you have to ask, the answer is usually gonna be "No". A "yes" rarely needs to be spoken.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts