Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a service manual or idea how to remove the original fuel gauge in order to install a new flush mount gauge?
Can't find service manual at H-D website and instructions show "see service manual to remove fuel gauge"
Hard to do without a manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I had to beat mine off............................................................................................................................................................................................

practically.
:eek

·
Registered
276 Posts
Anyone have a service manual or idea how to remove the original fuel gauge in order to install a new flush mount gauge?
Can't find service manual at H-D website and instructions show "see service manual to remove fuel gauge"
Looking at getting the flush mount gauges myself. Let me know how it goes and post pics when your done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
36,936 Posts
https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/99481-12

Fuel gauge pulls straight up.

Instructions say to cut off the connector on the bottom of the stock gauge, but I used a pick to release the pins on the connector, then pulled the wires through the tunnel without cutting the wires. Just incase I needed to put the OEM gauge back in.

·
Registered
36,936 Posts
Looking at getting the flush mount gauges myself. Let me know how it goes and post pics when your done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I just ordered the black flush mount kit, as my traditional style LED gauge started reading empty all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts