Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
70's Drag racer
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks! New to this forum but not new to Harley. Currently have an '06 VRSCD Nightrod with a few mods in Black cherry/Black and just picked up a '08 Anniversary Edition VRSCAW (#0709/1200). First Harley I had was a '57 Panhead I picked up out of a barn of a farmer I was working for, for the tall sum of $400 (the same amount he owed me for the work I had done, strangely enough.) 2nd gear was gone, but with the help of a friend of the family (Ron Trock) and lots of rotted rubber and wireing replaced, it was soon (relatively) back on the road. Hated it! Floorboards, suicide stick. Thought it ran like a garden tractor. Wish I still had it. Had less than 500 original miles when I sold it for $2000 in '77 (looked like a fortune to this kid.
Next I bought and drag raced several Kawasaki KZ900 and 1000's over the next couple of years until I graduated high school and entered the infantry like all good boys did at the time. When I got out, my uncle hooked me up with a shovel (cracked cases on a '48 hardtail frame. Ron Trock saved the day with new cases kind of. He was one of the first guys to come out with a big inch kit for Harleys and was marrying sportster cases to shovel, pan, and knuckle uppers. So I got the 105ci Shovster with monster SS carb, cams, and bullet proof 5-speed sportster tranny. Thang shot fire out the pipes at night when you where gettin it:D
Then I started haveing kids and had to sell the red dragon for the birthin of one of 'em. Didn't have a bike again until I bought the '06 Nightrod. a sad tale.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
57 pan for $400.................... If only today............. Welcome.

·
70's Drag racer
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baby blue and white with floorboards and fringe around the bicycle seat and everything. I saw one identical go at Barrets auction for $28,000. I'm a member of 1130cc and got diverted here some how on a quest for information.

·
70's Drag racer
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to wait 3 months for the aniversary edi. to arrive but I kept busy ordering parts.:) I won a stage 1 performance upgrade in the lil poker run at the dealer when I picked it up. (queen high straight flush) Free CFR chrome 2-1 pipe, SERT, and Screaming eagle hi flo.:D

PARTS IN THE GARAGE WAITING FOR ME TO INSTALL:
Contoured headlamp bracket
Chrome headlamp bucket
Braided throttle/idle cables (to match brake/clutch lines)
turn sig relocation kit
Willie G skull grips
Flamed teardrop billet mirrors with gothic stems
Kuryakyn zombie pegs
Mid mount pegs and controls from an R (want to adapt them to use with stock shifter for better tuck at the strip)
steering stabilizer
smoked turn and tail lenses
New shorty style wind deflector (for 04+/- B's) had it tinted limo black
Copper sheet to make covers for the fuel cell
Chrome switch houseings and caps

STILL LOOKING FOR:
Chrome master cylinders
58mm throttle bodies

I'll try to post step by step pictures as I do my mods. I'll post my map when I do that set of mods. Only 200mi on #0709 of 1200 right now.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to our lil' corner of the Internet!

So were you originally from WI?

·
70's Drag racer
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Paduca,KY Southern,IL and a year in the chicagoland area. Raced at Rockford, US 30, and Lake Geneva. RT had a shop in Algonquin, IL back then. Until the Army, Spent a few months makeing the rounds with family and went back to the coast and been out here since. (FT. Lewis, WA last duty station)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

·
70's Drag racer
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is my new baby after a couple of mods (08 105th Anniversary Edition #0709/1200)
biker lifestyle 021.jpg

biker lifestyle 023.jpg
I included a closeup of the wind deflector. That's originally designed for the 05 and older B models, but fits perfectly on my AW with the contoured headlamp bracket and chrome bucket. Keeps the bugs off my clamshell and out of my teeth without being obnoxious. I'm thinkin of tinting it limo black, what do you all think? I need 500 more miles afore I do the performance mods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts