Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Harley sell new bikes without a security FOB? I bought a 2107 RK. The original owner won the bike and does not ride, had the bike delivered to his house and there it sat. Six months later I buy the bike. He does not have a Fob, I have two keys and no Fob. The bike starts, does the instrument panel indicate if the secuity system is off?

·
Just Ride
3,735 Posts
Yes

Reactions: Breeze3at

·
Just Ride
3,735 Posts
And no. Harley sells without security.

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
If it had security it would not start without the fob being present. Look in the saddle bags and make sure there is no fob in there. If it has security and is armed there will be a blinking light in the speedometer. Light does not blink when fob is in the vicinity, security is diasarmed...

·
8,584 Posts
If it had security it would not start without the fob being present. Look in the saddle bags and make sure there is no fob in there. If it has security and is armed there will be a blinking light in the speedometer. Light does not blink when fob is in the vicinity, security is diasarmed...
I have a FOB for the softail. It's one of those kinds that automatically recognize the FOB is near and will able the bike to start when you are near it. The security red key blinks whether you are away from it or near it...only goes out after the bike starts.

My 2015 Ultra came without security...no FOB...just keys.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Two easy ways to find out if you have security. 1) Do all the signals flasy twice when you turn ignition on or off? Yes = security, No = no.
2) Check for pin number. Pin Display with fob present:
Ign. switch: on/off - on/off - ON
Push left turn 3 times
Push right turn 1 time
The current PIN is displayed in the odometer window.
If the pin # shows in the odometer window, you have security and a fob somewhere nearby. If the procedure does not work, you have no security.

·
American
28,666 Posts
I have a FOB for the softail. It's one of those kinds that automatically recognize the FOB is near and will able the bike to start when you are near it. The security red key blinks whether you are away from it or near it...only goes out after the bike starts.

My 2015 Ultra came without security...no FOB...just keys.
Yup, had it added to my 13 Ultra and works as Jimmers said...

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
i have fobs. but, previous owner apparently had the security turned off. ive rode several miles, leaving fobs at home, and its always started when i shut it off. (knocking on wood)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmers

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
i have fobs. but, previous owner apparently had the security turned off. ive rode several miles, leaving fobs at home, and its always started when i shut it off. (knocking on wood)

Somebody is gonna steal your motorcycle !

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
Somebody is gonna steal your motorcycle !
i always lock the ignition. if im in an unfamiliar place, ill lock the forks. then, i just rely on good insurance!

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
and.....if somebody wanted it bad enough.....no security system is gonna stop em!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks this a big help, i will buy the fobs at the dealer tomorrow along with an oil filter and oil. ( i don`t want to start and oil thread) and get prices on the ESP 5 year warranty. And check for recalls and i do hope to have a beer with you guys, Yuengling – America's Oldest Brewery

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
yuengling.....good stuff! but, to get the fobs, youll have to buy the whole system....correct? im assuming this, because i know nothing about hd security systems. except that my Road King has it, and its been disabled, and the dealer wants me to pay him to turn it back on. which im not going to do.
dave

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
If the bike does not have a security system just Fobs are not going to help you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Buying FOBS will do no good if you do not have a security system installed. Do the procedure BreezeeAT mentioned before investing good money.
'
ALSO depending on what Security system is installed will determine what type of FOB you will need, Button or Button-less.
FOB need to be married to the TSSM/HFSM. Button type can be done by you, button-less needs Dealer assistance.

Reactions: Jimmers
1 - 20 of 43 Posts