Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How offend do you change the batteries' in your fob an is there any warring that they are going bad. Thanks

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
I carry a 2 pack of batteries for the FOB in my tour pack, I usually change them once every year if not sooner. No warning when the battery is bad either.
Take a battery and tape it inside the tour pack you will always have a spare

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
I change them every spring. Cheap insurance. The old batteries are saved for use in other things and one old one is kept in the saddle bag just in case.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I change them every spring. Cheap insurance. The old batteries are saved for use in other things and one old one is kept in the saddle bag just in case.
I keep spares taped in my tour pak. I try to remember to change once a year, but have gone several years with no problem. I have given new batteries to several people, and they all had flashing turn signals when the ign. was switched on. One guy told me it had been doing it for a week.

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
I change mine every spring or sooner if I am going out of town on a long ride.

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Spending $5 is much better than being stuck.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Remember to replace the one taped to the tour pack lid, too. Even unused they weaken with time.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
time change is good way to remember when to change smoke detectors
I just got a 2011 limited first bike that have needed the fob
I put new batteries in both and keep spare battery in tour pack as others have said
I also set the code to use blinkers to start with out fob
I could just picture me 50 miles from nowhere with dead fob
so I set the code and have tried it works fine

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
I change mine when it dies. I know how to code-start my bike. I'm most of the way through my third season on the same fob battery.

If you do NOT know how to code-start your bike, I do NOT recommend this strategy.

·
Registered
42,143 Posts
Do you purchase the batteries from the HD, or can you pick them up cheaper elsewhere?
Standard CR2032 watch battery. Get em at Wal-Mart 24 hours a day.

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
Do you purchase the batteries from the HD, or can you pick them up cheaper elsewhere?

Yup. All three above are correct. Any Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, any corner drug store. Very very common.

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
Not only the bike FOBs, do the car and truck key FOBs too !

·
Registered
456 Posts
I must admit I never thought about the fob batteries. I will go our today and get new ones as my bike is almost one year old.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts