Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is even the correct section for this, but here goes.

I'm installing a set of highway pegs on my XL883L. So far, so good, with the exception of the "spring washers" that go on the pins that hold the pegs themselves on.

I am having issues getting everything to line up well enough in the hole so that I can get the pin to completely slide in.

Is there a trick to this? I've tried using an awl to line things up, and even though it looks like it's lined up, I still can't get the pin in. If I remove the "spring washer" the pin slides in just fine, but without the washer, the pegs are too loose, won't stay folded up, rattle around a bit, and I can feel them give a little bit.

My frustration saturation factor reached it's peak yesterday, so I gave up for the day, and figured that I'd try again today.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Exco

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'm not sure if this is even the correct section for this, but here goes.

I'm installing a set of highway pegs on my XL883L. So far, so good, with the exception of the "spring washers" that go on the pins that hold the pegs themselves on.

I am having issues getting everything to line up well enough in the hole so that I can get the pin to completely slide in.

Is there a trick to this? I've tried using an awl to line things up, and even though it looks like it's lined up, I still can't get the pin in. If I remove the "spring washer" the pin slides in just fine, but without the washer, the pegs are too loose, won't stay folded up, rattle around a bit, and I can feel them give a little bit.

My frustration saturation factor reached it's peak yesterday, so I gave up for the day, and figured that I'd try again today.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Exco
You're on the right track, you have to compress the washer to get the pin to go in .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it figured out, just took a little bit of wiggling around. All was well until I shot one of the snap rings across the car port and couldn't find it. A quick trip to the hardware store and 35 cents later I'm good to go.

Exco

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
I got it figured out, just took a little bit of wiggling around. All was well until I shot one of the snap rings across the car port and couldn't find it. A quick trip to the hardware store and 35 cents later I'm good to go.

Exco
Trust me, that snap ring will show up right where you looked when you least expect it. Don't ask how I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts