·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2004 fatboy, 2014 SGS and 2019 heritage
69 Posts
i don't pay much attention to the price but the 15W50 is always there at wally world. a good choice hermano! oh, that's why i use it, i read all your oil stickys. :p
I don't pay much attention to the oil threads, use what you like, it is your machine, who cares what others think.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Picked up a 5 qt jug of Mobil 1 15w-50 for $24.50 at Walmart today. Will be needing an oil change fairly soon.
i don't pay much attention to the price but the 15W50 is always there at wally world. a good choice hermano! oh, that's why i use it, i read all your oil stickys. :p
Yep! I read every word of those stickys! I run Kainam's recipe also! This works!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
🤯
I never thought of that! Thought it HAD to be a V-Twin oil air cooled motor specific etc. hmmm.
I may be a dumb ass...........

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
🤯
I never thought of that! Thought it HAD to be a V-Twin oil air cooled motor specific etc. hmmm.
I may be a dumb ass...........

Mobil1 V-Twin has a little more zinc & phos. than their regular 20/50. Air cooled oil fanatics insist on these additives. Mobil1 V-Twin web site (visited just now) does not mention these. I refrain from submitting an opinion (even though I have 5 qts of V-Twin on a shelf). :)

·
Registered
44,251 Posts
Mobil1 V-Twin has a little more zinc & phos. than their regular 20/50. Air cooled oil fanatics insist on these additives. Mobil1 V-Twin web site (visited just now) does not mention these. I refrain from submitting an opinion (even though I have 5 qts of V-Twin on a shelf). :)
M1 15w-50 has nearly the same amounts of zinc and phosphorus. Only difference is that the M1 15w-50 has friction modifiers meaning that it shouldn't be used where clutches are involved. Since we don't use it in the primary, that difference doesn't matter.

·
old scoot coot
6,196 Posts
M1 15w-50 has nearly the same amounts of zinc and phosphorus. Only difference is that the M1 15w-50 has friction modifiers meaning that it shouldn't be used where clutches are involved. Since we don't use it in the primary, that difference doesn't matter.
my twin cam has 104,000 miles on m1 15w50. and it's not wore out already. no consumption beween changes and great comps. just sayin.:cool:

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
my twin cam has 104,000 miles on m1 15w50. and it's not wore out already. no consumption beween changes and great comps. just sayin.:cool:
Must be the MMO, Tommy ;)

·
Registered
44,251 Posts
If my current motor lasts 150,000 - 200,000 miles without a rebuild, I'd be happy! :oops:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LMAO........ guys, as the title says, I was just trying to let
For those that use Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50........
know that it was on sale for a great price, :LOL: I didn't mean to start another damn oil thread! Guess I shoulda stated that in the title originally. My bad!.......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Damn good sale right now at O'Reilly Auto! $8.99/Qt...... I just stocked up and even had some shipped to my Mom's house in Delaware so I can change my oil there on our next cross country trip next month!

You guys that use Mobil 1 20-50… how often do you change oil.. I use AMS oil.. I change every 5000-6000 miles.. primary too..Trans at 10000.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts